Right then. Your budget. New only. Not "fussy". Titanium sport watches on bracelets:
- PAM 352 (or 221)
- Hublot Classic-Fusion chrono (I know, I know, but if you don't hate the brand, it's not bad looking at all)
- Omega Speedmaster '57 (I guess a chrono is "fussy", but with two subdials in white, I think this and the Hublot look quite clean)
- Piaget Polo Forty-Five (left field, love it or hate it, but simple)
- JLC Master Compressor Diving (you might not want a dive bezel, but if you do, this one's nice and plain and purposeful, see the Alarm version too)
Or a bit cheaper (£2-5k new):
- Tudor Pelagos (if you can do the dive thing)
- Union Belisar Titan chrono (as you love ze Germans - me too)
- Tutima Einsatzuhr (completing the less-celebrated Glashuette set)
- Hublot Classic-Fusion Opalin Bracciale (super clean, if non-approved)
- IWC Ingenieur AMG
- Grand Seiko SBGA011 (if that's the way you ever want to go)
I have gradually been working my way through this list (and others' suggestions - thanks) and have still not found what I'm looking for. The one I liked most was the PAM 352 but it wears a bit large for my liking. I liked the look of the Omega but too thick and felt a bit 'plasticky'. Hated the Piaget, the Hublot was just OK.
So I have rethought and am looking at brushed steel bracelets rather than titanium. My shortlist; most not yet seen:
1. Rolex Explorer I ref. 1016 - love this - only downside is lack of water resistance. Might be a killer as I want this for swimming holidays (edit to add - and I have tried on the new Explorer I but don't like the shiny applied 3/6/9 numbers).