If you go through the thread you'll see plenty of both.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 10:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:54 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2986post #44776 of 483126/29/15 at 3:54ampost #44777 of 483126/29/15 at 7:06ampost #44778 of 483126/29/15 at 8:53ampost #44779 of 483126/29/15 at 10:28amQuote:Quote:post #44780 of 483126/29/15 at 2:20pmpost #44781 of 483126/29/15 at 7:38pmQuote:
I had an Ahoi Atlantik for about 6 months that I really loved, but eventually I decided that thanks to the long lugs, it was just a little too big for me. I've also had a 35mm Tangente for a couple of years that now seems to small. So the 38mm seems to be just about right, but I don't like the proportions of the 38mm Tangente as much as I do on tr Metro.post #44782 of 483126/30/15 at 12:07amI dropped into Jean Rousseau in London at the weekend to have my Reverso fitted for a new strap. Just black grained calf - nothing crazy. They have a really nice selection and it was very quick and easy to spec my order. In and out in under ten minutes. £85 all in, which seems very reasonable. Expected to take c 4 weeks so I'll report back.
At those prices I'm very tempted to get a couple of options for some of my other watches as it makes them more versatile. Does anyone have an example of a simple steel Rolex Date with a leather strap other than black?post #44783 of 483126/30/15 at 6:47amQuote:
Looking good my man.
I tend to go for lighter colored options for the summer, straps that can take a beating and that I can bring into the sand or water. To that end, it's usually a RubberB for the Rolex divers for me, though I have yet to switch stuff out.
Went to Des Moines last week. My first time in Iowa. Wore this.post #44784 of 483126/30/15 at 8:55amYeah, I've got an after-market rubber strap for my Panerai, but that Jules Verne looks so sharp I might just leave it on there for now.
(Not like I really dive with it anyway).
But I should have some time this weekend to play around with my watches and look at some different combos.
Also, Nautilus looks killer as usual!post #44785 of 483126/30/15 at 10:12ampost #44786 of 483126/30/15 at 11:07ampost #44787 of 483126/30/15 at 1:30pmQuote:
Relative to the US MSRP of USD7500, and grey market deals of anywhere from USD6000-USD7000, that ain't a bad price.
Occasionally I will hear of rumors of a 114060 selling BNIB for under USD6000, but I'm not sure how true those are (unless we are talking about dealer prices, and not end user prices).post #44788 of 483126/30/15 at 1:55pmpost #44789 of 483126/30/15 at 3:02pm
You are perilously close to looking like an actual PP advertisement there. Except the monogram. Which I imagine is very useful in settling any disputes at the laundromat.
It is against TWAT byelaws to say such a thing without photographic evidence. FWIW it's the loveliest strap I've ever handled.
I can't help but feel commiserations are more appropriate than congratulations.
Now that's an entrance!
Also, selling something is not "unfortunate" unless you do it accidentally. /pedantrypost #44790 of 483126/30/15 at 3:19pmQuote:
Constructive criticism, I love it. That's one reason why I entered this forum - I want to expend my english language skills.
Here is my daily summer watch by the way. :)
16570 from 2007 Z-serie (with 3186 movement). White dial and sun is a great combo and I really appreciate nato straps.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 23 seconds ago
- › Junkard Boots 31 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Rubber Overshoes -- Strictly for Old Men? 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway