or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2957  

post #44341 of 48312

Now thanks to you guys, I developed an itch for the Seiko Sumo. It's an itch I didn't really needed since I already have 5-6 Sub-like or Sub-inspired diver watches on my wish list. 

 

And seriously, as much as we like divers, how much Sub-like watches do we really need before it's called hoarding?

post #44342 of 48312
This is not the place to call for an outcry against "hoarding".

See that tumbleweed right there?
post #44343 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

Now thanks to you guys, I developed an itch for the Seiko Sumo. It's an itch I didn't really needed since I already have 5-6 Sub-like or Sub-inspired diver watches on my wish list. 

And seriously, as much as we like divers, how much Sub-like watches do we really need before it's called hoarding?

1.
post #44344 of 48312
Piffle. Five:

Diving, swimming, wet weather, posing, spare. After that it's called a hobby.
post #44345 of 48312
Ahh le fraise de bois Melba de Berthillon. But pictures could never convey the marriage of the sorbets below, the wild strawberries and whipped cream above and the strawberry reduction that binds it all together.

Would I trade my travel beater for one? Probably not. But to have a place like that in my neighborhood... Probably.

However, once again, credit goes to Gopher.
post #44346 of 48312

My newest watch, a 16570 :)

 

Wristshot:

 

 

In a little tree:

 

 

On a little horse: 

 

post #44347 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

here's:

1.  A BLNR
2.  On a Rubber B
3.  In the water, where few dare to take it

Pic from a friend diving off the Palawan Islands in the Philippines.  Used a GoPro.


Hey frills, where in Palawan is this? Planning a trip there with a big group in the September-ish timeframe...
post #44348 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Hey frills, where in Palawan is this? Planning a trip there with a big group in the September-ish timeframe...

The "blue lagoon" in Coron! Fantastic place. Slap on your mask and dip your face in three feet of water and get ready for an explosion of color from the aquatic life that is rarely matched elsewhere. (This pic isn't the best representation since my friend was more concerned about capturing the BLNR ahaha!)
post #44349 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Piffle. Five:

Diving, swimming, wet weather, posing, spare. After that it's called a hobby.

An when you get to the hobby point you don't count, you weigh icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #44350 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post

Ahh le fraise de bois Melba de Berthillon. But pictures could never convey the marriage of the sorbets below, the wild strawberries and whipped cream above and the strawberry reduction that binds it all together.
[snip]
However, once again, credit goes to Gopher.

Hey, food and I go way back. Glad you enjoyed it!
post #44351 of 48312

I've not posted in this thread before but I wanted to share with folks who might understand...I was in Carmel yesterday and saw this lovely mint-as-far-as-I-can-tell ref. 16750 from around 1984. It followed me home quite unexpectedly. I was not looking to buy a watch, but I've been looking for a Pepsi GMT for some time and this one was too nice to walk away from. I couldn't be more pleased with a watch. My only other Rolex is a 1957 Oyster Precision. Somehow, I seem to have become a vintage Rolex collector!

 

post #44352 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy57 View Post

I've not posted in this thread before but I wanted to share with folks who might understand...I was in Carmel yesterday and saw this lovely mint-as-far-as-I-can-tell ref. 16750 from around 1984. It followed me home quite unexpectedly. I was not looking to buy a watch, but I've been looking for a Pepsi GMT for some time and this one was too nice to walk away from. I couldn't be more pleased with a watch. My only other Rolex is a 1957 Oyster Precision. Somehow, I seem to have become a vintage Rolex collector!



Stunning! I hope to find an unpolished in great condition one day. Birth year preferably. Congratulations!!!!
post #44353 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy57 View Post

I've not posted in this thread before but I wanted to share with folks who might understand...I was in Carmel yesterday and saw this lovely mint-as-far-as-I-can-tell ref. 16750 from around 1984. It followed me home quite unexpectedly. I was not looking to buy a watch, but I've been looking for a Pepsi GMT for some time and this one was too nice to walk away from. I couldn't be more pleased with a watch. My only other Rolex is a 1957 Oyster Precision. Somehow, I seem to have become a vintage Rolex collector!



That looks phenomenal. Congratulations and wear that lovely thing in good health!
post #44354 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

That looks phenomenal. Congratulations and wear that lovely thing in good health!

 

Thank you! I really am like a kid with a new toy. I've never had this reaction to a new watch before, even my Speedy, which I love. I almost slept with it on my wrist last night. It's a little embarrassing to be quite so euphoric over an object. It called my name loud and clear, no question.

post #44355 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Stunning! I hope to find an unpolished in great condition one day. Birth year preferably. Congratulations!!!!

 

Thank you. My Oyster Precision is a birth year watch. Another serendipitous find!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)