Also shot of my GMT on my saddleback. Love this shot
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 7:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 12:22 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2928post #43907 of 483125/31/15 at 5:02amQuote:
No the Panerai is definitely not dressy but I currently own two modern SS Rolex watches so am looking for something with a leather strap and slim profile.
I've never been a big Panerai fan (though they look great on some people) but the 337 and 512 Rads look really nice to me in photos.
The Reverso sang to me and I've been wanting a JLC for a while but am just curious how the Panerai will look in person and if it still interests me.post #43908 of 483125/31/15 at 5:03amQuote:Originally Posted by dsn112
If you could only have one of these which one and why? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Gmt for me.
For one thing all the little extra bits with regards to the GMT make it a better looking watch. The green GMT hand, the 24 hour bezel, and the date window with cyclops which is classic Rolex. I also like having the date on most of my watches.post #43909 of 483125/31/15 at 5:09amQuote:
Out of those two models I agree for the same reasons.post #43910 of 483125/31/15 at 5:12am
I disagree for the same reasons. :)
I prefer the cleaner look of no date, and don't like the green second hand much. For me, the standard Sub is the quintessential sporty Rolex (and the plain Oyster the less sporty). Not that I dislike the GMT, but in that one I have a kinky desire for the gold and steel one on a shabby strap. Gold nipples FTW.post #43911 of 483125/31/15 at 5:13ampost #43912 of 483125/31/15 at 5:21am
Since you're asking, I guess it can be safe to assume that you could do without the GMT function (I know I could). Of those two I would definitely keep the sub, as it's my favourite Rolex sports model (well, its previous incarnations, but still). The only GMTs I really like are the Pepsies.post #43913 of 483125/31/15 at 5:28ampost #43914 of 483125/31/15 at 6:16am
If I were into diving, the sub would be in contention for that function. But I'm more of the mind to look for a watch that fulfills a particular role or function, rather than one from a particular brand. Surprise surprise, Rolex is as good as they say!post #43915 of 483125/31/15 at 6:54amI don't see the point of a black bezel GMT. It is too Sub like for me. I love the Rolex GMT, but it MUST have a bicolor bezel to differentiate itself from the sub. So for that particular choice, I'll go Sub.post #43916 of 483125/31/15 at 6:57amQuote:
I absolutely agree for me I think of sub for monochromatic divers GMT looks best with a pepsi, coke, or blnr bezels.post #43917 of 483125/31/15 at 7:08ampost #43918 of 483125/31/15 at 7:46amQuote:
@dddrees - you've posted these pics before. And you can post them over and over again.post #43919 of 483125/31/15 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by no frills
- you've posted these pics before. And you can post them over and over again.
Thank you sir.
That's good, because my picture taking skills aren't all that good.
Sure helps to have a great subject to work with.post #43920 of 483125/31/15 at 7:57am+1 always loved that pic, ddd.
And as far as the Sophie's choice above, I believe I would go Sub. Even though it's ubiquitous.
(Hint: there's a very good reason for that!)
But if I truly had to have the GMT function-- then for me, I'd pick the so-called Batman version.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 27 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 30 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 39 minutes ago
- › Consolidation - fatherhood used dress shoe clearout - JL, Maftei,... 58 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 59 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...