I'm a 39mm Ex 1 guy but can't fault anybody for liking the 36mm. Too high a bezel to dial ratio for me though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 10:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 12/8/16 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2920post #43786 of 483125/25/15 at 7:36pmpost #43787 of 483125/26/15 at 6:45am
Watch porn alertpost #43788 of 483125/26/15 at 8:06ampost #43789 of 483125/26/15 at 8:53ampost #43790 of 483125/26/15 at 8:57ampost #43791 of 483125/26/15 at 9:03ampost #43792 of 483125/26/15 at 11:26ampost #43793 of 483125/26/15 at 11:46ampost #43794 of 483125/26/15 at 7:41pmpost #43795 of 483125/26/15 at 7:48pmpost #43796 of 483125/26/15 at 7:54pm
Of them, the IWC and the Baume et Mercier are the ones that I am least interested in. Really, those are on there because I like their looks, more than I like what the brand stands for, or the horological aspects of the watches.post #43797 of 483125/26/15 at 7:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
I've seen a couple of Roadsters around, and they typically seem to be (in Australia) around the US$4000 mark and up. That's the plain (non-chronograph) version in steel. You can probably get them more cheaply elsewhere, as things like watches tend to be more expensive in Australia.
I've never seen one with a blue dial, only with a black or white (or maybe silver?) dial.Quote:Originally Posted by ctp120
I bought my wife one from this place. Web design is from the Jurassic era, but they were prompt with communication and the price seemed fair. No idea on blue dial.
http://capetownstore.com/consignment_watches.htmlQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Lots of used Cartier Roadsters were made, so finding a pre owned one shouldn't pose much problem.
Finding the blue dial model could be tougher, as I believe it was a limited production watch. Still if you are patient, I'm sure you will eventually locate a blue one for sale.
My biggest concern wrt buying a discontinued watch is not being able to try one on.post #43798 of 483125/26/15 at 9:12pmQuote:
Nice. Tudor Heritage Ranger is top of my list, though I think I'll be getting the bundstrap. Also like that Nomos. Is it the "Doctors without borders"? I would get the 38mm, anything smaller wouldn't interest me, but I prefer the band on the 33mm. Still my top three are all Tudors.post #43799 of 483125/27/15 at 6:36amQuote:
Looks should be a top concern! Use everything else as tie breaker!
That said, some awesome choices. What's first on your list?post #43800 of 483125/27/15 at 7:43amQuote:
If it is not the Up/Down then I don't know what it would be. Almost a, "one of these is not like the others" in terms of price points. We all change our minds though. Hell I came here asking about an Omega PO and ended up with a Rolex GMT.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 2 minutes ago
- › STUNNING! Vanson x Left Field "Commando" Jacket, c.40. No. 7 of... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...