Edited by culverwood - 5/15/15 at 5:52am
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:32 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2903post #43531 of 483125/15/15 at 1:28ampost #43532 of 483125/15/15 at 5:50ampost #43533 of 483125/15/15 at 5:56ampost #43534 of 483125/15/15 at 6:11ampost #43535 of 483125/15/15 at 6:43ampost #43536 of 483125/15/15 at 7:06ampost #43537 of 483125/15/15 at 7:15ampost #43538 of 483125/15/15 at 7:33ampost #43539 of 483125/15/15 at 8:12am
Beautiful! (Not sure I love the split second hand whirling away but other than that mannnn amazing.)
Please let us know what you think once you get it. Congrats
What's the service interval on that bad boy? The magnetic pivots are fantastic engineering
Quote:post #43540 of 483125/15/15 at 8:37ampost #43541 of 483125/15/15 at 8:42ampost #43542 of 483125/15/15 at 8:53ampost #43543 of 483125/15/15 at 9:10amQuote:
I was born enabled, baby!Quote:Originally Posted by no frills
Awesome posts! @mimo ! How is the better half loving your choices?!
Thank you my dear fellow, she seems very pleased!Quote:Originally Posted by Berners15
IMHO the only watch you really need is a 1970's Rolex Submariner, sartorial elegance and practical as well - very English in a Swiss sort of way :)
Perhaps, though I still wouldn't wear one with a suit much, whatever the hipsters say. Go back a few pages for the most recent "one watch?" type discussion. I speak as someone very English, in a Swiss sort of way.
Frilly has one for "tough mudding" and the like, if I recall correctly. And he is our King.
But I think they're horrible. For real outdoor activities like trekking, camping, diving, climbing, falling, screaming, fighting bears/sharks/aliens, etc.*, I think for under $200, there is not much better than this:
(*Also suitable for eating dainty macarons.)post #43544 of 483125/15/15 at 9:17ampost #43545 of 483125/15/15 at 9:34am
Quoted one more time for awesomeness!
For all the things on which TWAT tends to agree, it is always good to see people dancing to their own individual tunes. Shared appreciation > groupthink. I never wear gold, even if I could afford such a magnificent beast, but my word that's a wonder to behold. Get it on the wrist and back in here fast!
I'm delighted for you.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Truman Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 15 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...