BostonHedonist knows me all too well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 9:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 10/20/16 at 12:03am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2869post #43022 of 483124/21/15 at 10:59amSorry for the delay gentlemen. I expected to post the final pictures this morning but was called away on other pressing matters. Without further wait:
As BostonHerald surmised, I am very much a traditionalist in this sense and this is my favorite dress watch. Patek 5153 in white gold with a white dial. This particular model (in this configuration) was introduced last year.post #43023 of 483124/21/15 at 11:03ampost #43024 of 483124/21/15 at 11:06ampost #43025 of 483124/21/15 at 11:15am
Truthfully, with that kind of money in hand it wouldn't be for me. Just all sorts of reasons that matter not a jot to anyone else.
But despite that, the details of that watch are just stunning, aren't they? The precise detailing of the dial, the incredible case, the rotor, that stunning caseback, and my personal favourite element: the beautifully shaped crown. Such a small thing, literally, yet fundamental to your interaction with the watch. I bet that will be a joy to have between your finger and thumb!
Congratulations, Brax, it's a magnificent machine. :)post #43026 of 483124/21/15 at 11:17ampost #43027 of 483124/21/15 at 11:19ampost #43028 of 483124/21/15 at 11:22amBrax - I like that hunter's case back. The curved shape of the case and the onion crown are lovely. Almost makes me wonder if the watch (with the onion crown) would have been better as a hand-wound? But I digress...It's a great watch!post #43029 of 483124/21/15 at 11:34am
Absolutely stunning @brax. I can only imagine that your heart skipped a beat when the clasp first clicked shut around your wrist.
Amazing how keenly Patek can stay true to a classic aesthetic sensibility while producing something with a substantial degree of modern relevance.
May you and a long line of progeny wear it in good health.post #43030 of 483124/21/15 at 11:35ampost #43031 of 483124/21/15 at 11:50ampost #43032 of 483124/21/15 at 12:01pmpost #43033 of 483124/21/15 at 12:14pmpost #43034 of 483124/21/15 at 12:21pm
So was at an event for the Madison Ave Watch Week in NYC and went by the Montblanc boutique.
They've got some very solid very affordable entry-level stuff now. I couldn't help but think they would be good recommendations to friends just getting into watches.
e.g. http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/collection/watches/montblanc-star-classique-collection/110717-Montblanc-Star-Classique-Date-Automatic.html for under 4k. I like some of their newer stuff even more but no time to research pics.
They obviously have much higher haute stuff as well but something to think about. There aren't too many players that make dressy pieces in this range and the high-end at the same time - I know I get a fair amount of questions from friends looking for help for a first watch from a 'watch guy'.
Just food for thought.post #43035 of 483124/21/15 at 12:23pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Wearing A Tailored Jacket And Jeans Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...