Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 10:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:46 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2861post #42901 of 483124/16/15 at 2:13pmpost #42902 of 483124/16/15 at 2:30pmpost #42903 of 483124/16/15 at 5:46pmQuote:Spot onOriginally Posted by Hayward
Lol to all the pilot watch comments...
High end watch companies used to corner the market on features valued in aviation. That all changed with electronic watches as these extra functions can now be had through programming rather than mechanical features. So now high end "pilot watches" are flown mainly by desk jockeys...post #42904 of 483124/16/15 at 6:53pm
I am going to switch straps on my IWC Inge Laureus--will order a custom Camille Fournet strap. It's currently on a navy strap, and am considering creating either (1) a navy gator strap with a silver stitch or (2) a charcoal strap with matching stitch. Any thoughts on which would look better?post #42905 of 483124/16/15 at 7:16pmpost #42906 of 483124/17/15 at 6:16amCharcoal would look good with that watch (in my mind's eye), but it's all about the execution... the right shade and depth of color, etc.
I've never worked with them, but CF should be able to make up something quite nice.post #42907 of 483124/17/15 at 6:56amSo this finally happened:
Quick snap in the car, sorry about the quality.
- absolutely a top quality item
- flies under the radar, just as I want
- wears a lot smaller than 42 mm might sound and fits really well even on a new strap. Should mould really well.
Really happy about the watch, doesn't look out of place with a Friday shirt either.post #42908 of 483124/17/15 at 8:39ampost #42909 of 483124/17/15 at 9:47ampost #42910 of 483124/17/15 at 11:06ampost #42911 of 483124/17/15 at 11:22am
VERY nice @kimmo. You are truly a man of good taste.
Speaking of taste. What do you all make of this?
I'm just wondering what sort of watch buyer looking to buy a $4k+ mechanical watch would want anything to do with a Tiffany's logo.
"Hey Burt, nice timepiece. That Swiss?"
"Yeah, Chuck, sure is. I got it at Tiffany's."post #42912 of 483124/17/15 at 11:28am
I thought the marketing position was odd with those as well.
Big block numbers, bright dials and ETA-clone movements don't scream luxury jeweler to me. But hard to tell what Tiffany's is sometimes. They've got 200 dollar silver to 200k+ fine jewelry.
I will say that while I hated that watch in pictures, I hated it less in real life. Not even close to buying one but it looks better in the metal.post #42913 of 483124/17/15 at 11:31ampost #42914 of 483124/17/15 at 11:39ampost #42915 of 483124/17/15 at 12:01pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 3 minutes ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 26 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway