I do wish they made a SS version. Sadly, everything in WG / RG appears to be north of $15K these days.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 11:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 12:11 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2846post #42676 of 483124/7/15 at 1:13pmpost #42677 of 483124/7/15 at 1:41pmWhen I was kicking tires in an AD not long ago I asked about sales figures of various models. He said Subs and Daytonas sell strongest and the new BLNR has created a GMT sensation. Can't keep those in stock. But the Cellinis aren't selling well. He said people generally look to Rolex for the tool watches. I feel the same. I like some of the newer Cellinis, but for the price there are other brands whose pieces I like much more.post #42678 of 483124/7/15 at 2:11pmSubs and Daytonas?!
What about the white-dialed Milgauss
Maybe it's just me, but nearly every AD I've ever come across has tried to push one in my direction LOL.
Edited by Keith T - 4/7/15 at 2:36pmpost #42679 of 483124/8/15 at 4:45amNomos Orion rosé or Orion 38?
Does the second hand near the centre on the 38 indicate a too big body but they are only 3mm different or is it to leave space for the date? I like the blue hands but I also like the rose dial.
I can't decide.post #42680 of 483124/8/15 at 4:50amQuote:
It's the same size movement in the 33mm, the 35mm, and the 38mm. The subseconds never moves in relation to the center of the dial, but there is more space between it and the bezel as the size goes up. I think the 35mm still looks fine, I'm not a big fan of the 38mm.post #42681 of 483124/8/15 at 5:45amQuote:
+1. 38 just doesn't work.post #42682 of 483124/8/15 at 6:08ampost #42683 of 483124/8/15 at 7:13ampost #42684 of 483124/8/15 at 7:13ampost #42685 of 483124/8/15 at 7:38amObviously the lugs are quite different on the Orion vs. the Tangente, and I would recommend (as always) if you can, then definitely try on the wrist before you buy. I think if you're a larger guy overall, or just have bigger wrists/forearms, then 38mm *could* be a better choice.
Agreed that the 35 is the more classic size and more....proportional, if you will.
I'm expecting to see more Nomos watches posted here in the coming months.post #42686 of 483124/8/15 at 7:44am
^+1 to that. I'm not sure there is another brand or line of watches where I have more of a disconnect between my feelings of pictures vs having it on my wrist. And that goes both ways, some I've loved in pics but they looked awful on my wrist, and others, like the Metro, I wasn't a fan of in pics but loved on the wrist.post #42687 of 483124/8/15 at 10:44ampost #42688 of 483124/8/15 at 11:16ampost #42689 of 483124/8/15 at 2:51pmpost #42690 of 483124/8/15 at 3:16pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › RL polo shirt S 2 seconds ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › Hackett cuff link stripe shirt medium size 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Hackett mayfair blazer new 10 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...