That is the only VC I lust after.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 12:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 2:07 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2768post #41506 of 483123/4/15 at 6:22ampost #41507 of 483123/4/15 at 6:31ampost #41508 of 483123/4/15 at 7:15ampost #41509 of 483123/4/15 at 7:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Dachshund
Two personal examples here. My wife bought me a 40 year old Rolex for my 40th birthday, and a ten year old Speedy for our tenth anniversary. I think it's neat that these were made (roughly) when important events in my life were happening. I'm not massively interested in the watches' own history, or that of their previous owners, although I sometimes wonder what adventures the Rolex might have had before we met. I just like wearing something that's as old as I am (in the case of the Rolex).
Now, if I happened to buy a second hand Pepsi just because I liked it, I really wouldn't care less about its history and I'd want it in as good condition as possible so I can start adding my own history to it.
Can your wife call my wife and discuss how awesome it is to own a watch from your birth year? If she wants to nudge her in a direction a Yellow Gold Nipple Dial Submariner from 1985 would be the bees knees. Arguments for the purchase include: 1. My wifes birth year as well; 2. Yellow Gold will match her wedding band and engagement ring; 3. It should fit both our wrists!!!post #41510 of 483123/4/15 at 8:17ampost #41511 of 483123/4/15 at 8:26ampost #41512 of 483123/4/15 at 8:32ampost #41513 of 483123/4/15 at 8:57ampost #41514 of 483123/4/15 at 10:06am
Also vying for wrist time is an older acquisition on a new look strap.
Previously look on shell strap.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #41515 of 483123/4/15 at 2:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by ShawnBC
new to this thread, but I'm particularly jealous of your AP RO. Definitively my holy grail!
Welcome welcome, and thanks!
I hope you find one on your wrist someday sooner than later. :-)post #41516 of 483123/4/15 at 2:09pmpost #41517 of 483123/4/15 at 2:16pmpost #41518 of 483123/4/15 at 2:35pmpost #41519 of 483123/4/15 at 2:58pmpost #41520 of 483123/4/15 at 6:31pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Recommended UK tailors for bespoke or made to measure 3 piece suit... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 13 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...