You don't have to decide, in fact flexibility is the all a part of the beauty of the 16710.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 12:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:18 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2760post #41386 of 483122/27/15 at 12:56pmpost #41387 of 483122/27/15 at 12:59pmpost #41388 of 483122/27/15 at 2:11pmQuote:
My father bought a 16710 in 2001, and the MSRP back then was $3,500. I believe it was around $4,000 by 2004-2005, as my Sub LV (which had a higher list price than the GMT) had an MSRP of $4,500 in 2005.
Personally, I would go with the Pepsi or Coke bezel insert as it helps differentiate it as a GMT. Not that I needed people to know it was a GMT vs. a Sub, but when I had an all black bezel GMT, people who sort of knew watches would say nice Sub. It sort of like the GMT doesn't have as much of its own identity with the black bezel. Hence for me, when getting a new GMT I wanted the BLNR, and if I go for a vintage one at some point it will be a blue/red Pepsi. Good luck with your negotiating.post #41389 of 483122/27/15 at 2:39pmpost #41390 of 483122/27/15 at 4:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by UnFacconable
As for the speedy, I ordered the standard hesalite moonwatch - the one that used to be the 3570.50 but now includes accessories and has been changed to 311.30.yadda.yadda.yadda. My watch vendor says they're in high demand so she's still waiting on delivery from Omega which has taken longer than expected.
@UnFacconable : Surprised to hear that. When I visited my local AD before Christmas, I enquired about the 3570.50 as well and was told they didn't have any left and weren't sure if they could get one from Omega (I suspect there's still stock at Omega, even now).
When I mentioned I wasn't interested in paying a premium for a 311.30 just to get (useless) accessories and overdone packaging, they offered to let it go for the price of a 3570.50
($5 250CAD vs $5 800CAD) and pay taxes. That would've been savings of about 21%.
I didn't get the impression there was any shortage of 311.30.
Edited by Wes Bourne - 2/27/15 at 9:39pmpost #41391 of 483122/28/15 at 10:53amMy AD told me it's common at the beginning of the year. I'm sure people had stock before the holidays and there are probably ADs with stock now, but mine is out. I got in at a fantastic price so I'm cool with the long wait. I have enough new watches to play with at the moment.post #41392 of 483122/28/15 at 5:01pmpost #41393 of 483122/28/15 at 8:17pmpost #41394 of 483122/28/15 at 9:06pmQuote:
This came yesterday, and I installed it today.
10 minute installation, all you need is a springbar tool
Rubber is very nice
Fit is awesomely seamless
Blue stripe is very very very underwhelming. Its almost like having a black rubber strap. You have to look very closely to see the blue. Totally misrepresented in that picture I posted.post #41395 of 483123/1/15 at 1:16ampost #41396 of 483123/1/15 at 5:05am
(@Sweden:They don't even give you the nuts.)
Hey TWAT buddies: advice, please? Best pen under $500, heavy, substantial, classic, prefer a medium rollerball. Not baller enough for you aficionados of course, but I'm sure you can point me to the Hamilton Jazzmaster, Tissot PRC 200 or Seiko Cocktail Time of the pen world...
Sorry for the digression. Later this week, I shall post interesting watch pictures to make up for it. Promise.
Edited by mimo - 3/1/15 at 6:36ampost #41397 of 483123/1/15 at 5:41ampost #41398 of 483123/1/15 at 6:24ampost #41399 of 483123/1/15 at 8:17ampost #41400 of 483123/1/15 at 8:23amI'm a fan of RubberB's construction, but like aleksandr above I'm not a fan of the two-tone versions as you don't really see much of the color of the non-black shade anyway.
I use my RubberB's for summer, generally. Here are some shots from last summer.
DSSD on a Red Devil RubberB:
116610LV on a white RubberB:
116610LV on that two tone RubberB with a green highlight:
I also put my SubC 114060 on an Everest band with a clasp but it didn't work as well as the RubberB. The fit was off and my perception is that the quality of the RubberB trumped that of the Everest.
Otherwise, aesthetics aside the RubberB option offers a nice change from the bracelet. Tough as nails and you won't think twice about bringing it into water, etc.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › What are you drinking right now? 10 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 49 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › MASSIMO BIZZOCCHI HOUNDSTOOTH SILK TIE 7 CM 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Camel Hair Sportcoat 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...