Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 12:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:24 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2702post #40516 of 483122/3/15 at 2:56ampost #40517 of 483122/3/15 at 3:48amQuote:I think most people don't care much for one handed watches and clocks. I grew up with ( and still have) a few 18th century one handed clocks in the house and they've been viewed as oddities by most visitors and actually annoying to some. I had an aunt who used to curse at them and ask why we couldn't afford a minute hand.
Anyway, if I were to get one I'd probably get one that shows military time.
Oh, and Dino, I wish you an extended 'new watch' buzz. It's such a delightful feeling.post #40518 of 483122/3/15 at 4:14ampost #40519 of 483122/3/15 at 4:30ampost #40520 of 483122/3/15 at 4:49ampost #40521 of 483122/3/15 at 4:52ampost #40522 of 483122/3/15 at 4:55ampost #40523 of 483122/3/15 at 5:08amThere was an early 20 Century futurist-artiste who carried a carrot in his watch pocket. When asked what time is it now he would retreve a carrot and upon glancing at it would reply : "It is too early to dine".post #40524 of 483122/3/15 at 5:30ampost #40525 of 483122/3/15 at 6:01ampost #40526 of 483122/3/15 at 7:34ampost #40527 of 483122/3/15 at 7:35am
Totes fake. Send it to meeeeeee now, wurger!!Quote:Originally Posted by aleksandr
Family shot trying to recreate something I saw on hodinkee once. Wasn't easy, watches kept slipping and sliding all over the place. Also missing the latest addition to the family, DJII. In the possession of the wife.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is awesome.post #40528 of 483122/3/15 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by wurger
yes, big congraz to Dino!! Spend much less time on Style Forum now that I decided no more shoes!
I dropped my BLNR off at the RSC today for a crystal swap, I have recently been following the less cyclops magnification threads on the Rolex Forums closely. The main concern is that on certain watches, the magnification isn't 2.5X as specified, which may lead to harder resell as people may think it's fake.
Anyway, the watchmaker had a look, and told me that the watch would be under specification for it to leave the factory. He even brought out another GMTII, which has slightly bigger magnification to mine. He wont' agree or disagree with my view on the size of the mag, as he doesn't have a way to measure the size exactly; he agreed to swap out the crystal under warranty but asked me what will happen if I am still not happy with the mag size.
I understood what he meant, and said do your best, and I will accept the result of the swap regardless. He added that all parts are checked and certified from Rolex for service.
Here is a photo of my BLNR before service.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Interesting. I'm looking at your photo and looking at my BLNR and scratching my head a bit, but I think my date window takes up a tiny bit more of the space in the cyclops than yours, so I guess maybe you do have less magnification. Pretty tough to measure that though. Any time I hear stuff about fake watches it makes me the slightest bit nervous bc this was/is my first watch and I was purchased second hand (trusted seller on rolexforum). Can't do much at this point, so best to just trust that it's real and enjoy the watch!post #40529 of 483122/3/15 at 7:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Dillardiv
Interesting. I'm looking at your photo and looking at my BLNR and scratching my head a bit, but I think my date window takes up a tiny bit more of the space in the cyclops than yours, so I guess maybe you do have less magnification. Pretty tough to measure that though. Any time I hear stuff about fake watches it makes me the slightest bit nervous bc this was/is my first watch and I was purchased second hand (trusted seller on rolexforum). Can't do much at this point, so best to just trust that it's real and enjoy the watch!
Don't worry. You will find out when you take it for service.post #40530 of 483122/3/15 at 7:53am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Currently, there are 1556 Active Users (368 Members and 1188 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › BNIB Edward Green Dover / Dark Oak calfskin, 606 Last, 10 UK (10.5... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...