Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 10:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 9:36 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2691post #40351 of 483121/29/15 at 2:44pmpost #40352 of 483121/29/15 at 2:47pmpost #40353 of 483121/29/15 at 2:47pmpost #40354 of 483121/29/15 at 2:49pmpost #40355 of 483121/29/15 at 2:57pmI have it on good authority that many, many brands are hiking prices this weekend. According to my European AD, Rolex and JLC are both increasing 10%. Other brands are going to have similar moves.
Thus, I'm ready to pull the trigger on the JLC. I guess 15% off MSRP is a screaming deal in light of the coming price hike.post #40356 of 483121/29/15 at 3:13pmpost #40357 of 483121/29/15 at 3:33pmpost #40358 of 483121/29/15 at 6:04pmpost #40359 of 483121/29/15 at 6:07pmQuote:
Quoted for truth. I'm not sure how I went from "Just kopped in December and no more kopping to save up for grail" to kopping again in January. It's terrible, I'm thinking 'one more for the road'Quote:Originally Posted by gopherblue
I have it on good authority that many, many brands are hiking prices this weekend. According to my European AD, Rolex and JLC are both increasing 10%. Other brands are going to have similar moves.
Thus, I'm ready to pull the trigger on the JLC. I guess 15% off MSRP is a screaming deal in light of the coming price hike.
I hear February, so, go go go.post #40360 of 483121/29/15 at 6:25pmpost #40361 of 483121/29/15 at 7:53pmpost #40362 of 483121/29/15 at 8:58pmQuote:
Such a classic. Congratulations.
Why I've still never bought one remains a mystery.
I guess cause I'm waiting for a nice vintage one to just show up on my doorstep some day.Quote:Originally Posted by MZhammer
I've been away for a while but I'm back boys. Spent the last few months moving cross country for a job and selling off my Cartier Santos, Nomos Ludwig, Omega Seamaster Pro and my Frederique Constant to get...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like how you've consolidated there.
Especially since it's precisely the watch of your desires.....must be gratifying!
All for one, one for all
I'M GETTING THE FEVER LOL.
Oh, and Dino....I'm also getting my popcorn ready for your new Rolex pics....post #40363 of 483121/30/15 at 12:05amThanks Keith. I'm enjoying it immensely and it keeps growing on me. I think it's because it looks like a real 'instrument', not 'just' a watch. And they are pretty common pre-owned and so a good price. I think one of the best value watches around.
+ 1 for Dino Rolex pics. Congrats on that.post #40364 of 483121/30/15 at 1:45ampost #40365 of 483121/30/15 at 3:27am
Hahahaha! If only there had been a grey dial up there...full set?
I have something of a quandary: I ordered something, they took ages to ship, decided to get something even better, cancelled the first order. The confirmed the cancellation...then discovered they'd already shipped without telling me, and sacked my card.
The original order was not sanctioned by my beloved. So, do I wring my hands in shame, and return the first one when it arrives? Or keep it and cancel the second, bigger purchase? Or...well...we know what "or" is, don't we?
I hate you people.
In another news, I have a new title.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 12 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 14 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...