Never used them, but I heard they are a good company to deal with. As for 1.1 vs 1.6...the number I gave you was what I was quoted years ago. It could have changed since then. I really haven't checked to see if they or others have raised the premium. The other thing to consider, is with some companies once the value is more than a certain amount, the premium/percentage could be higher. Do some homework before you decide. However, I wouldn't own really nice watches without insurance to cover them... its too risky. IIRC, Derek had his place broken into years ago and had several Rolex and PAMs stolen.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 2:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2672post #40066 of 483121/22/15 at 2:13pmpost #40067 of 483121/22/15 at 2:18pmpost #40068 of 483121/22/15 at 2:20pmpost #40069 of 483121/22/15 at 3:11pmI recommend Chubb's Masterpiece coverage. Spendier than most, but worth it. Very comprehensive coverage. I live in NYC, and with no car I couldn't get auto liability insurance since I can't get car insurance without a car. No matter. My coverage includes $5mm of umbrella liability, which is good worldwide...including for car accidents. As for watches....the policy came with $25K (per incident) coverage for watches/jewelry. Not separately scheduled, so no appraisal needed.
Now, will someone offer some additional thoughts on whether I should get the JLC perpetual ultrathin in steel or white gold? With the discount and VAT refund, the WG version is within spitting distance of the RRP on the boutique-only steel version.post #40070 of 483121/22/15 at 3:31pmpost #40071 of 483121/22/15 at 3:37pmpost #40072 of 483121/22/15 at 3:57pmQuote:
At the risk of sounding pedantic (but this is StyleForum, after all), that's not bas-relief, as the crown is sunken, rather than raised up from the background. It's sunk relief.post #40073 of 483121/22/15 at 7:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by scottcw
If you want a moon phase, take a look at the most accurate and innovative watch available - https://www.ochsundjunior.ch/watches/moon-phase/
My first response was "What on earth am I looking at?" But it is quite an intriguing little work of art, isn't it...post #40074 of 483121/22/15 at 7:51pmI think it's time for me to buy that Seamaster (2254.50) that I want... Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to find a good one that isn't overpriced? And where should I look for one? Forums? Dealers?
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!post #40075 of 483121/22/15 at 9:15pmpost #40076 of 483121/22/15 at 10:00pmQuote:
My bad, not Dino's. I was writing rather quickly yesterday. :P
I do appreciate the correction that Kaplan and you provided.post #40077 of 483121/23/15 at 4:19ampost #40078 of 483121/23/15 at 4:52amQuote:
I don't have a DJ clasp for comparison, but it has the same internal deployant componentry as my 116520 and 116600. They're identical apart from the finish.
The bead-blasted is a little less grippy against the wrist than the polished; that's about the only difference I can tell. Either works.post #40079 of 483121/23/15 at 5:23am^ I didn't even think there could be a difference in how they wear - less grippy sounds good I guess?
I was purely thinking of aesthetics, as to me the matte looks noticeably worse than the polished (I do greatly prefer the all brushed bracelet though). Somehow, the polished clasp looks like a natural continuation of the stamped clasp I'm used to, while the bead blasted one kinda looks cheap to me - a little like 'silver' painted plastic, IYKWIM. My local AD described it as an attempt by Rolex to differentiate the watches, as if the ones with the polished clasp were 'better'. Don't know if he made that up himself, or if that's the official explanation. Either way, it's obviously a very minor thing, as it'll be hidden when worn :-)post #40080 of 483121/23/15 at 6:29amQuote:
I've been looking into them and I'm very impressed with OuJ. I particularly resonate with their desire to create the simplest movements possible to produce the required data at your wrist.
Would you mind sharing a picture of your Annual Calendar?
Edited by BostonHedonist - 1/23/15 at 6:44am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 8 minutes ago
- › 3 Piece Fresco Suit??? 14 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 26 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 31 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 34 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway