Train view looks nice (we just got snow here in Denmark a few days ago, going out to ride my bike in it now).
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2623post #39331 of 4831212/30/14 at 4:58ampost #39332 of 4831212/30/14 at 5:37amI read the black swan. It had good insights but reading Taleb is like listening to a smart asshole at a party. He has interesting things to say but you really can't stand him. At a party, depending on the other guests, the asshole might still be the most interesting person to talk to. Fortunately, there are many insightful books by authors who aren't insufferable so there is no real reason to read Taleb unless that is all your prison library has.post #39333 of 4831212/30/14 at 6:54ampost #39334 of 4831212/30/14 at 7:15ampost #39335 of 4831212/30/14 at 7:21ampost #39336 of 4831212/30/14 at 9:26ampost #39337 of 4831212/30/14 at 11:17amQuote:
Cycling is non load bearing. As a sole means of exercise, it leads to decrease in bone density, especially as one ages. This is why cross training is helpful, i.e. running/lifting.post #39338 of 4831212/30/14 at 11:20ampost #39339 of 4831212/30/14 at 11:25amQuote:
I remember getting on the night train from Moscow to St. Petersburg. It was a great experience going to sleep in your city, waking up in a new place, having some breakfast, and being on your way.post #39340 of 4831212/30/14 at 11:28ampost #39341 of 4831212/30/14 at 11:38am
I've taken long-ass train rides in India (sleeper trains). I have fond memories of them because I was probably 5-7 at the time. I can't see myself doing the same thing now. It was nuts. So many people. You'd buy tea/food out of the windows of the train at stops hoping you wouldn't get sick.
I'd probably do a short one sometime just to see what it's like now.post #39342 of 4831212/30/14 at 12:54pm
Asking purely from an aesthetic point of view, which of these do you guys think is most versatile?
Going for a white dial instead of black since it'll be more versatile (and I already have a watch with a black dial) but wondering if rose gold details detract from or add to the watch.
Left is all silver. Middle is silver crown and gold colored inlays. Right is gold crown and inlays.
This is slightly more expensive and while I like the shape and the power reserve, I think it busies up the logo a bit.
I know this isn't the range you guys look at, but I hoping to nab a slightly dressier watch.post #39343 of 4831212/30/14 at 1:04pmpost #39344 of 4831212/30/14 at 1:21pm
I.e. all 'silver'?
Now to decide if the power reserve is worth paying for. Well, that and a better movement. Almost favor the 'cleaner' dial, but they did a good job making the reserve fit in very well. The star is actually the smaller watch!
Not sure how much wrist time this guy would get anyway. I figure I'll wear it when I dress up 'up' which is probably going to be maybe 20 times a year.post #39345 of 4831212/30/14 at 1:30pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Rule of thumb 4 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 12 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 13 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 17 minutes ago
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 18 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 20 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 20 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...