or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 260  

post #3886 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie5566 View Post
@audiophilia-The CW watches look great and what a great price for a swiss watch. You mention in one of your posts that you avoided going through the US Outlet to save some money. Can these watches be found in the US? I would like to avoid your frustration with customs.

Chris Ward's US website

USA Customer Services
Open 7 days a week 24 hours a day
Telephone: 1.877.226.8224

Ships from Delaware, IIRC
post #3887 of 48312
How are Christopher Wards quality anyways? With all the CW talk I checked out the website and I am really liking the Henley. I'm a big fan of the Tag Heuer Monaco but the Henley for $350 is looking good right now and might hold me off until I could jump on a Monaco in the future.
post #3888 of 48312
My buddy just got a Henley Auto. It's one of the few CWs that I don't like.
post #3889 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilia View Post
Chris Ward's US website

USA Customer Services
Open 7 days a week 24 hours a day
Telephone: 1.877.226.8224

Ships from Delaware, IIRC

Thanks!!! I may be including a CW watch in my New Year's resolution.
post #3890 of 48312
A little retro...
Omega Speedmaster Automatic
LL
post #3891 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by george88 View Post
How about B-Type dial?



Beautiful watch. What's the details on it?
post #3892 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilia View Post
Finally arrived today after 23 days at Canada Customs (they don't like it when we don't have to pay any taxes, oops, I mean duties, on products). Pricks.

Lovely watch. Wanted a stainless daily driver but not too large. Fits the bill perfectly. The fit and finish on this watch is exquisite. My crap non photo skills do not do it justice. And for the price, they are a steal.

38 mm
38 hour power reserve

Unboxing






Gorgeous watch, just the one I'm looking at getting also. However, I can't decide between the black face or the white. I'm really in something of a quagmire over it
post #3893 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
How are Christopher Wards quality anyways? With all the CW talk I checked out the website and I am really liking the Henley. I'm a big fan of the Tag Heuer Monaco but the Henley for $350 is looking good right now and might hold me off until I could jump on a Monaco in the future.

Don't do it! I've been down that road before and bought the cheaper watch to tide me over. It's just not worth it.

Not that there's anything wrong with the CW though. There seems to be some circle jerk action going on around here with them but they do seem like a solid watch for the price.
post #3894 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilia View Post
Saved lots of $$$ on duty via Royal Mail rather than the US outlet. Between 6 and 8 days is the norm.

This one was ordered Dec 8th and was signed for by Canada Post Dec 12. And now it sits in Canada Customs. As the email from Canada Post CS says 'they have the legal right to hold as long as they see fit'. As such, it's been sitting there for 13 days. Understanding this is a busy time of the year, it is still so bloody unacceptable.

So, thanks Canada Customs. Thanks a lot! Merry fucking Christmas to you, too.
That's why if it's worth something to you, NEVER use the post office. ALWAY use a professional shipping co like fedex. They can get it through faster not to mention less likely to lose it or have it stolen by a crooked mailman.
post #3895 of 48312
The problem is not the Post Office or Royal Mail or Canada Post or USPS, it's Canada Customs. FedEx and UPS don't have a problem with them because they bill you for $60.00 brokerage (tax). I don't mind a delay for no TAX, but 23 days is ridiculous.
post #3896 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Not that there's anything wrong with the CW though. There seems to be some circle jerk action going on around here with them but they do seem like a solid watch for the price.

I think the "circle jerk" is because you cannot beat the quality and price point of those watches. You would be hard pressed scratch that; it would be impossible to find another watch with the qualities of a CW watch at $300-$400. The combination of Swiss Movement, Nice Styling, Saphire Crystal, Screw in crown, etc. for $350 is tough to beat.
post #3897 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie5566 View Post
I think the "circle jerk" is because you cannot beat the quality and price point of those watches. You would be hard pressed scratch that; it would be impossible to find another watch with the qualities of a CW watch at $300-$400. The combination of Swiss Movement, Nice Styling, Saphire Crystal, Screw in crown, etc. for $350 is tough to beat.

Hamilton bought from princeton watches equals or exceeds those qualities in that price range.
post #3898 of 48312
My contribution to the thread




post #3899 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar-lemon View Post
Hamilton bought from princeton watches equals or exceeds those qualities in that price range.
I am not familiar with Hamilton but the first three watches I looked at were $500+. Is there a specific one you are referring to. CW seems to have quite a few models under $500.
post #3900 of 48312
Hamilton makes a fine watch. The Christopher Ward watches are well made, look great, but no one who knows watches will mistake them for Omega, TAG, etc. That said, Seiko were plastic fantastic years ago, now they get a lot of love around here. I was shocked at how many great looking Seiko auto divers are around. Maybe, my next purchase. Unless Chris makes one, of course! The two divers on his site are not my cup of tea.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)