p.s. Someone explain to me how you get those good watch pictures on an iphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 6:53 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2588post #38806 of 4831212/10/14 at 11:30ampost #38807 of 4831212/10/14 at 2:49pmQuote:
I'm not one to excommunicate over matters of taste.....but I don't think I've ever seen a Graham that didn't make me want to barf.
So bad that they made me go triple-negative in the above sentencepost #38808 of 4831212/10/14 at 3:02pm
Certainly agree with some of the watches on Mimo's list are not desirable, but I agree that Breitling has a couple of decent models, although quite a lot of their modern stuff is a bit too "blingy" or full of showy details.
Bulgari's has had some awful monstrosities, but their new line-up seems to be quite a significant improvement.
As an example, this is waaay out of my price-range, but the design is nice and it seems technically impressive:post #38809 of 4831212/10/14 at 3:02pmpost #38810 of 4831212/10/14 at 3:08pmQuote:
I tried Google searching "Good looking Graham watches" and Google replied with "Did you mean: Good looking can openers?" Graham took the crown guard concept and built a watch around that. Panerai crowd guards serve as functional and have a historical perspective.post #38811 of 4831212/10/14 at 5:08pmpost #38812 of 4831212/10/14 at 5:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Keith T
BTW, I switched my 214270 over to NATO back around Thanksgiving (just to freshen things up-- I love the oyster). And I do believe the look has grown on me.
I've been trying to allocate some more wrist time to this watch for a while now.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice change. I've been considering several different watches, and every time I put the 39 mm Explore on, it just feels right.post #38813 of 4831212/10/14 at 5:27pmQuote:
This would be fine - albeit quite generic - without the obnoxious branding. Interestingly, Gerald Genta apparently designed the watch (or a predecessor model) and decided on the branding around the bezel as it reminded him of a Roman coin with the emperor's name around the perimeter of the coin:
The new Octo Finissimo Tourbillon, on the other hand, really appeals to me. The thinnest production tourbillon in the world, apparently, and the design strikes me as simple, utilitarian and yet quite elegant. The case was also designed by Genta, I believe. Unfortunately, it apparently costs $140 000 or more:post #38814 of 4831212/10/14 at 9:28pmpost #38815 of 4831212/10/14 at 9:34pmpost #38816 of 4831212/11/14 at 1:32am
I was going to Paris a few years back and saw an article about U-Boat on the plane. I was then in Galleries Lafayette and saw one for sale. It was 2700 euros (at the time over $5K beause of our garbage AUD at the time). I got carried away and got it. I absolutely hate it. In fact, I wore it half a dozen times and it has spent the last two years in the sock drawer. It isn't even entitled to the respect of a place in my watch winder. Now I am waiting for my kids to grow up so I can dump it on one of them.post #38817 of 4831212/11/14 at 3:09amQuote:That's what I did with my Rolexes.
I actually like the watches now just as much as when I got them. It was their proliferating ubiquity in the succeeding years that eroded their wrist time to the point where they just sat in the box for over a decade.post #38818 of 4831212/11/14 at 7:17ampost #38819 of 4831212/11/14 at 7:32ampost #38820 of 4831212/11/14 at 7:35am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...