or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2523  

post #37831 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Next week.

Boom!! Great choice.
post #37832 of 48312
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on my first AP RO in rosegold on strap. I'm used to buying watches in Asia and haggling is pretty common there. Is it possible to negotiate the price here Stateside? Perhaps 20-25%?
post #37833 of 48312
you would always ask for a discount where possible, I was thinking 15%-20%.
post #37834 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Did someone say ultra-thin?

Beautiful!  Congrats on your ultra-thin Tank XL!  Looks great!  Nice to have another Tank owner here on SF!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on my first AP RO in rosegold on strap. I'm used to buying watches in Asia and haggling is pretty common there. Is it possible to negotiate the price here Stateside? Perhaps 20-25%?

You should be able to negotiate something close to that, not sure you will actually reach 25% (unless you have a very motivated small dealer who has been sitting on the piece you are looking for).  You just have to shop around.  Good luck!

post #37835 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa kot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post
 

Is there a 2nd piece that is incoming?  Whats the deal?  :lurk:

 

If Rolex Friday is a "Thing" then I'm violating the hell out of it by wearing this...

 

 

I'd take an Ultra-Thin day over any Rolex Friday. Well done.


Love the 15202! 👌
post #37836 of 48312
All of my good watches have leather bands and I hate wearing them in the Aussie summer. It gets to the point where I haven't even worn a watch some days. This summer I have decided to get around the problem by getting this Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute. It's a 40th anniversary copy of a watch some spaceman wore when he went around the globe. It's 24 hour time, which takes some getting used to. It's very casual but also very cool. Photo herewith:

post #37837 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on my first AP RO in rosegold on strap. I'm used to buying watches in Asia and haggling is pretty common there. Is it possible to negotiate the price here Stateside? Perhaps 20-25%?

Don't sell yourself short. On luxury watches I have managed up to 50% off - never less than 30%. Their customers are dwindling big time and they will always do a deal.
post #37838 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Nice PO Muddy, welcome.


Thanks!

post #37839 of 48312
@benjamin831 - in this case being rose gold works in your favor. Discounts tend to be better on precious metal watches vs. their steel counterparts. Good luck and sweet choice
post #37840 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy Wonka View Post

All of my good watches have leather bands and I hate wearing them in the Aussie summer. It gets to the point where I haven't even worn a watch some days.
That's where bracelets come in handy. I always buy my watches on a bracelet (when offered) even if I plan to wear it on a strap, just to have the option down the road. Years ago, I suffered the brutality of the aftermarket when I had to replace the bracelet on my Speedy and swore never to be in that position again.
post #37841 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy Wonka View Post

All of my good watches have leather bands and I hate wearing them in the Aussie summer. It gets to the point where I haven't even worn a watch some days. This summer I have decided to get around the problem by getting this Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute. It's a 40th anniversary copy of a watch some spaceman wore when he went around the globe. It's 24 hour time, which takes some getting used to. It's very casual but also very cool. Photo herewith:

 

So many numbers...

post #37842 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tried and True View Post

That's where bracelets come in handy. I always buy my watches on a bracelet (when offered) even if I plan to wear it on a strap, just to have the option down the road. Years ago, I suffered the brutality of the aftermarket when I had to replace the bracelet on my Speedy and swore never to be in that position again.
I switch to NATO bands in the summer for my strap watches for that reason. Doesn't work for dress watches, but I only wear those for a few hours at a time in the summer.
post #37843 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post

So many numbers...
I wonder how many people know how to work a slide rule these days; or even know of their existence.
post #37844 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tried and True View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post

So many numbers...
I wonder how many people know how to work a slide rule these days; or even know of their existence.

Engineers of a certain age.
post #37845 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejmb View Post

Love the 15202! 👌

Thanks! It's so versatile that during the year it gets more wrist time than all my other watches combined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy Wonka View Post

Don't sell yourself short. On luxury watches I have managed up to 50% off - never less than 30%. Their customers are dwindling big time and they will always do a deal.

Maybe in Australia that's possible, but here in the US, most luxury brands have been tightening the reigns on dealers. Discounts are not what they were 10 years, particularly with brands like AP, VC, and Patek. The only way someone here could get a brand like those (brand new from an AD) at 40%+ off, is if a dealer is losing a contract and liquidating their remaining inventory. Years ago 30 -35 %was pretty common (except on steel Rolexes) but not anymore.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)