Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:46 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2509post #37621 of 4831211/4/14 at 3:26pmpost #37622 of 4831211/4/14 at 4:21pmpost #37623 of 4831211/4/14 at 4:38pmpost #37624 of 4831211/4/14 at 4:41pmpost #37625 of 4831211/4/14 at 4:44pmpost #37626 of 4831211/4/14 at 5:04pmpost #37627 of 4831211/4/14 at 5:32pmpost #37628 of 4831211/4/14 at 5:35pmpost #37629 of 4831211/4/14 at 5:58pmpost #37630 of 4831211/4/14 at 6:03pmpost #37631 of 4831211/4/14 at 6:11pmpost #37632 of 4831211/4/14 at 6:36pmQuote:
My last 2 Rolex watch purchases were both made in 2005. For several years after those purchases there weren't any new Rolex watches that were of interest to me. So the BLNR could bring me back to Rolex.
Absolutely spot on maaaahhhh man!post #37633 of 4831211/4/14 at 6:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Received my Panerai 372 from Dubail Paris, one of the most reputable watch shops in the world.
Well, they sent me display piece, despite the fact they guaranteed I would receive an untouched watch. The watch is more than a year and half old, from April 2013, as opposed to the September 2014 date they promised. Pieces are missing, including the extra plexi-glass crystal. The watch buckle is damaged. The case is scratched up.
I have to call them in the morning to sort this out.
Any updates?post #37634 of 4831211/4/14 at 7:21pm
Here's a related question for you guys: do most ADs happily go along with requests for never touched watches? I know some shops are very careful with their watches and basically don't allow potential customers to try pieces on to ensure that watches stay in great shape. However, the much more common shop seems to let anyone try their watches on, and seem to unload these pieces at no additional discount. It seems unrealistic to expect stores to keep their watches hermetically sealed and only to sell untouched pieces. If you want a perfect piece, do you typically expect a smaller discount?post #37635 of 4831211/4/14 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by yls2012
Here's a related question for you guys: do most ADs happily go along with requests for never touched watches? I know some shops are very careful with their watches and basically don't allow potential customers to try pieces on to ensure that watches stay in great shape. However, the much more common shop seems to let anyone try their watches on, and seem to unload these pieces at no additional discount. It seems unrealistic to expect stores to keep their watches hermetically sealed and only to sell untouched pieces. If you want a perfect piece, do you typically expect a smaller discount?
Most ADs will have only one of each model for all but the most popular watches. That is, if you want an untouched copy, one will have to be ordered, so be prepared to wait. Since the AD doesn't want to be stuck with an extra watch, it's likely you'll be asked for a deposit. If you make it clear that it's straight from the factory or nothing, most ADs will play along. You can always negotiate the price before asking for a fresh watch, but generally there are smaller discounts if the AD has to order one for you (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me since they're not paying the interest on sitting inventory, but I also don't think it's completely unfair).
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 19 seconds ago
- › FS: Paul Stuart (Stuart's Choice) creme suede half brogues (US 8.5D) 1 minute ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Paul Stuart (Stuart's Choice) calf and linen spectator shoes... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 10 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › 100% Cashmere Gieves and Hawkes sport coat 40L 10 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Peal & Co. spectator shoes - US 8D 14 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 14 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...