Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:29 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2500post #37486 of 4831210/31/14 at 11:25ampost #37487 of 4831210/31/14 at 11:28ampost #37488 of 4831210/31/14 at 11:29ampost #37489 of 4831210/31/14 at 11:43ampost #37490 of 4831210/31/14 at 11:45ampost #37491 of 4831210/31/14 at 11:48am
Hugh Jackman is ok, but I'm not interested in opinions of people that are basically paid to wear a watch. In addition, like Moo, I don't like the subdials all shifted to the center of the dial because they are using a small movement in a big case.Quote:
I think Mr. Moo got it right...I believe its a matter of a small movement being put into a large case.
Would it help if I responded to your initial question, "Are Ferrari Panerais completely gauche for non-Ferrari owners?" by stating even Ferrari owners don't seem to wear Ferrari Panerais. I know and have met several Ferrari owners and at least the ones I know and have met don't wear Ferrari Panerais. I've seen them wear Pateks, APs, Rolex, Vacherons, Cartiers, and GPs, but never Ferrari Panerai watches. Hell, even one of their former top executives, Luca di Montezemolo was famous for being spotted wearing a vintage Pepsi GMT Master (just google his name and GMT).
If I were buying a Panerai, I'd go for a signature piece like the Luminor or Radiomir. Skip the Ferrari Panerai.post #37492 of 4831210/31/14 at 11:50ampost #37493 of 4831210/31/14 at 12:17pmpost #37494 of 4831210/31/14 at 12:18pmMoo, you are a value-oriented person, from what I can tell. Ferrari Panerais have a terrible long-term value outlook. Everybody hates them. Seeing as how you are a relative rookie when it comes to watches, it would be particularly wise to pick something you won't lose so much money on and can trade away.
Do you remember the sock square and your blazer-and-shorts outfit? Please don't repeat with your watch.post #37495 of 4831210/31/14 at 12:21pmQuote:
No, you are probably right, as noted. That was my initial thought too, but then I came up with my harebrained idea about the indices.Quote:
I have, and wear, 2 Ferrari baseballs caps. Dont even care.post #37496 of 4831210/31/14 at 12:23pmQuote:
Yes. I wanted to rephrase Mr Jackman's "quote" along the lines of "and the case is also 4mm too big".
Personally, I don't. But it's not my watch, and a) yes, the classic Panny is clean and simple, but because the Panerai design is so distinctive, I do think it works well in all sorts of guises - it's always very much itself, so if you like it, what the heck? And b) despite what Foox says, the fact that it has shitty resale value can be looked at two ways: yes, if you bought a new one, you'd have your pants pulled down if you wanted to re-sell it. But the upside is that if you want a mint used one, it's the cheapest one you can buy. Yay!
Do what you want, dude. Otherwise everyone in this thread will eventually have a JLC Master. Which is fine, but not very interesting internetness.post #37497 of 4831210/31/14 at 12:35pmpost #37498 of 4831210/31/14 at 12:37pmpost #37499 of 4831210/31/14 at 1:06pmpost #37500 of 4831210/31/14 at 1:08pmQuote:
Ferrari makes a fortune selling merchandise with their name and/or logo on it. Some of it in moderation is fine. A baseball cap, or a Tshirt is fine, or some other single item is fine. However, I've seen some guys show up at Ferrari events, wearing Ferrari sneakers, socks, pants, shirt, jacket and hat and they look ridiculously stupid whether they own a Ferrari automobile or not.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...