or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2475  

post #37111 of 48312
That's why you want the 372 then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Fake boobs aren't beautiful once you know they are fake.
post #37112 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imyouricecreamman View Post

That's why you want the 372 then?

Does that really qualify as faux patina?
post #37113 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Well, Moo has got to man up and get over his size insecurities.

I will leave that up to him.
post #37114 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Does that really qualify as faux patina?

Well, either it is faux or it is not, no?
post #37115 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Well, either it is faux or it is not, no?

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure it counts as "patina," faux or not.
post #37116 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure it counts as "patina," faux or not.

Sounds cool to me. Just remember that whatever the reality is, if that is what you buy, I will make sure to rag on you about it being faux. : )
post #37117 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post


Again, you are still arguing against your own misapprehension. You can pair different colors with black, yes. Like midnight blue, burgundy, dark green, etc. What you cannot pair with black is browns and tans. For reasons already explained.

 

I can pair a dark brown watch strap with black shoes.  I know this because I have - and I think it looks fine.  The fact that you don't think it looks fine is something I am really very okay with.

 

I can't recall anyone suggesting pairing a tan strap with black dress shoes, but that is not a choice I would make.

post #37118 of 48312
It is very faux
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure it counts as "patina," faux or not.
post #37119 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I can pair a dark brown watch strap with black shoes.  I know this because I have - and I think it looks fine.  The fact that you don't think it looks fine is something I am really very okay with.

I can't recall anyone suggesting pairing a tan strap with black dress shoes, but that is not a choice I would make.

You may be an ideal participant for my new poll.
post #37120 of 48312
You guys are all pronouncing it "fox" right?
post #37121 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

You guys are all pronouncing it "fox" right?

Eww.

It's pronounced "foaks."
post #37122 of 48312
Is it cocktail hour already on the East Coast? Guess I am working rather late for a Friday . . .
post #37123 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Eww.

It's pronounced "foaks."

Umm, no.

'Faux' (teh French word for fake) is pronounced 'f-oh'. It shouldn't be pronounced differently in English.
post #37124 of 48312
Skinny black jeans. Tan suede boots. It's been done by MMM, SLP, etc. foo.gif
post #37125 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post

Umm, no.

'Faux' (teh French word for fake) is pronounced 'f-oh'. It shouldn't be pronounced differently in English.

No, it's definitely foaks. As in "foaks pahz."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)