Wurger, very well played
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 2:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 5:16 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2461post #36901 of 4831210/23/14 at 3:18ampost #36902 of 4831210/23/14 at 3:34ampost #36903 of 4831210/23/14 at 5:05ampost #36904 of 4831210/23/14 at 5:12ampost #36905 of 4831210/23/14 at 5:15ampost #36906 of 4831210/23/14 at 6:17ampost #36907 of 4831210/23/14 at 6:43ampost #36908 of 4831210/23/14 at 6:52ampost #36909 of 4831210/23/14 at 7:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Waterloo 360T
i really have to say this is what I love about this site. I, an unknown, asks a quick question and I get extremely thoughtful and thorough replies from jbarwick, bkostko, no frills Dino and others. Amazingly helpful.
I went to look at the SD4000 and the SubC. Really liked them both and I would probably have gone with the SD had the price difference been 10-15%. I made an offer on the SubC, it was accepted and I pick it up Friday.
Thanks again for the help.
Very nice choice! Congrats and I look forward to seeing you post a few wrist shots once you have your new Sub.Quote:Originally Posted by Kaplan
I think an argument can be made for both sides. To my knowledge, the more agressive, squarish lines of the case came with the ceramic Subs, but I believe frills is referring to the overall balance of the watch. The new ones have gotten critique for losing some elegance of the models that came just before, where the case flowed more subtly into the bracelet (and compared to my 14060 I agree), but when comparing with even older models, the ceramic ones aren't really that dissimilar, especially when looking at the balance between case and bracelet:
I think you nailed it. When one looks at a Sub on one of the old rivet bracelets, its narrower than the later bracelets, and fits in such a way that there is sort of squared off difference between the lugs and the bracelet. They do not flow together as much as later ones. Great example!
Congrats on your new addition and in completing your own personal collection that includes an example of each of the "Big Three." Hope you enjoy your new RO, it looks great!post #36910 of 4831210/23/14 at 7:21ampost #36911 of 4831210/23/14 at 8:22ampost #36912 of 4831210/23/14 at 8:24ampost #36913 of 4831210/23/14 at 8:53ampost #36914 of 4831210/23/14 at 8:56ampost #36915 of 4831210/23/14 at 9:11amQuote:
Great watch! I recently tried on its sibling with a black dial, and liked it a lot. It has definitely been cold and dreary in the north East.
Today I'm wearing this VC 1972 to combat the cold.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › FS: Truman Boots Stone Rambler Size 8d 1 second ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 14 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 14 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 17 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 19 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 24 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...