or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2442  

post #36616 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Guys, what kind of discount can one expect on a new Rolex Explorer 1 ref. 214270?

From a U.S. authorized dealer? Zero. Grey market, Europe, or Asia, different story.
post #36617 of 48312
Would prefer to stay in the US for the purchase. So no discount on that particular model?
post #36618 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Would prefer to stay in the US for the purchase. So no discount on that particular model?

No U.S. AD discounts on Rolex, period.
post #36619 of 48312
Contact DavidSW, he is probably your best bet for the biggest discount.


And it is possible to get a discount from a US AD, really depends on how well you haggle and your relationship with the AD. Most will pass on the saving from credit cards fees if you bring in cash, that is a god starting point.
post #36620 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Contact DavidSW, he is probably your best bet for the biggest discount.


And it is possible to get a discount from a US AD, really depends on how well you haggle and your relationship with the AD. Most will pass on the saving from credit cards fees if you bring in cash, that is a god starting point.

Rolex discounts at an AD?

DavidSW is a grey market dealer. Moo asked for AD discounts.
post #36621 of 48312
Yup! Rolex AD.
Edited by RFX45 - 10/15/14 at 3:40pm
post #36622 of 48312
DavidSW might be grey market but at times he sells watches with warranty in it. I believe he just gets the warranty cards stamped by whichever AD he gets his watches from and leaves the name and date blank for David to fill in with his buyers info. That is as a good as an AD purchased watch.
post #36623 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

And it is possible to get a discount from a US AD, really depends on how well you haggle and your relationship with the AD. Most will pass on the saving from credit cards fees if you bring in cash, that is a god starting point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Rolex discounts at an AD?

I can verify that you can get a discount at a U.S. Rolex AD if you are paying cash.
post #36624 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

DavidSW might be grey market but at times he sells watches with warranty in it. I believe he just gets the warranty cards stamped by whichever AD he gets his watches from and leaves the name and date blank for David to fill in with his buyers info. That is as a good as an AD purchased watch.

That is exactly what any reputable grey market dealer does, though.
post #36625 of 48312
Last month I was with a friend who was looking at a two tone Sub (blue face) at an AD and he was offered a 10% discount. That's my favorite Sub.
post #36626 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

That is exactly what any reputable grey market dealer does, though.

Not really, Jomashop and Authenticwatches are two of the biggest grey market stores online but does not give you the warranty card and they provide you with their own warranty. They will try to fix your watch for you and if you simply send the watch to directly to Rolex, they won't cover anything at all.

With the warranty card from DavidSW, you can send it in to Rolex without a problem. That may be the case with more forum grey market sellers but not all does it, there are some reputable sellers in forums that just sells watches new and without warranty or you get the card already stamped with the previous owners name (even though the watch was never worn and still has stickers) and dated several months.
post #36627 of 48312
Good info.

What does one have to request, exactly, from DavidSW? Is this a secret handshake thing or is this something he offers regularly?
post #36628 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Good info.

What does one have to request, exactly, from DavidSW? Is this a secret handshake thing or is this something he offers regularly?


Express your concerns and he will answer any questions you might have. I've completed a few transactions with him, many more people have done quite a few more. Great guy, %100 reliable and totally trust worthy.

post #36629 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

DavidSW might be grey market but at times he sells watches with warranty in it. I believe he just gets the warranty cards stamped by whichever AD he gets his watches from and leaves the name and date blank for David to fill in with his buyers info. That is as a good as an AD purchased watch.

You're falling for the foo.gif trap!
Do not dare question the foo.gif.
post #36630 of 48312
I've bought several rolexes from David. Never an issue with the purchase. Haven't had the need for warranty work, but the cards were stamped and dated, but open name.

I've also received discount offers for SS models in US AD's in NJ, but not NYC.

Go to rolexforums for David's daily listings and info.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)