Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 11:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 9/23/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2416post #36226 of 4831210/8/14 at 11:32ampost #36227 of 4831210/8/14 at 11:48ampost #36228 of 4831210/8/14 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
The cheap winders will magnetize a watch over a long periods of time but that is probably 5-10 years ago. These days even the cheapest winders won't magnetize them but it still stands that you get what you pay for.
Anyways, not sure if anyone would miss it here but apparently the name Air King will now be gone, the reference # stays the same but it is just a 34mm Oyster Perpetual now and "Air King" won't appear on the dial anymore.
If they're looking to drop names (see what I did there?), then IMHO, Rolex should have started with the Yacht-Master.post #36229 of 4831210/8/14 at 12:57pmpost #36230 of 4831210/8/14 at 1:03pmpost #36231 of 4831210/8/14 at 1:07pmpost #36232 of 4831210/8/14 at 1:21pmpost #36233 of 4831210/8/14 at 2:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
Yah displaying watches is really up to the individual but if you put it in a walk-n closet then you are pretty much just displaying it for yourself.
I'd love to have one of these but for $5k, I'll just buy another watch or two.
HRoi, this might be a more subtle alternative, same German brand for $400. Also has an additional 7-watch storage so it works as a a 13-watch case.Quote:What is the black watch winder box in this post? Brand and model? Or even a link to their page? .post #36234 of 4831210/8/14 at 2:07pm
Actually what are some good brands that make high quality watch winders and watch boxes? I mean high quality leathers. I looked into getting one custom by goyard but for a 8 watch watch box they want 4k. So forget that. Does anyone know of any brands that makes high quality leather watch boxes or winders?post #36235 of 4831210/8/14 at 2:10pmpost #36236 of 4831210/8/14 at 2:24pmQuote:
Modalo, a German brand. Just search Modalo on Amazon.Quote:Originally Posted by jem7v
Actually what are some good brands that make high quality watch winders and watch boxes? I mean high quality leathers. I looked into getting one custom by goyard but for a 8 watch watch box they want 4k. So forget that. Does anyone know of any brands that makes high quality leather watch boxes or winders?
Orbita first comes to mind. Rapport London seems good too. For somewhat mid-tier or cheaper alternative to Orbita, Wolf Designs isn't that bad at all. Their module 2.7 is pretty good. Volta and Modalo is a notch below or on par with Wolf.
Buben & Zorweg are something to look at if you want to ball out.
If you are looking for a quad winder, just go with Wolf or Orbita, for around $1000-$1600 and you can get a good one that also accomodates batteries so you can store them in your safe or in the closet. Their construction is pretty good, Wolf uses faux leather though and I think Orbita uses good leather but I think it'll cost more.post #36237 of 4831210/8/14 at 2:58pmpost #36238 of 4831210/8/14 at 3:01pmpost #36239 of 4831210/8/14 at 3:07pmQuote:
Where do they get their motors for their winders?
I know with Orbita you can buy just the motor so if you want to build your own box you could, their $350 each last I checked though.post #36240 of 4831210/8/14 at 3:37pmWhat is the consensus opinion, if any, on the Rolex BLNR (black and blue GMTII)? I have heard a ton of hype about this watch and tried it on in person yesterday. My AD seemed really enamored with it, however, I found it somewhat blingy. In some lights, however, i couldn't resist the blue and black. It looks much juicier and interesting than I expected. Hmm....
I haven't seen it in the wild yet.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 3 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 3 minutes ago
- › Bulcher / Derby with suit? 3 minutes ago
- › Wings Horns Twill Tokyo Pants Khaki 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Orazio Luciano, Green Cashmere-Silk Sport Coat, 52R 42R 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...