Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 10:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:02 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2400post #35986 of 4831210/1/14 at 2:01pmpost #35987 of 4831210/1/14 at 2:08pmpost #35988 of 4831210/1/14 at 2:21pm
As RFX said, they aren't as difficult to obtain as they once were. None of the ADs near me will give discounts on any steel Rolex, but hearing that a few places are discounting them is a good sign (at least for buyers). I really like the BLNR and it could eventually end up being the first Rolex purchase I've made in nearly 10 years.post #35989 of 4831210/1/14 at 2:24pmpost #35990 of 4831210/1/14 at 3:00pmpost #35991 of 4831210/1/14 at 4:06pmpost #35992 of 4831210/1/14 at 4:50pmI'm considering picking up a DJII white dial smooth bezel with baton markers & a BLNR or White EXP II as my next 2 'pieces.
However I can't quite get the IWC Ingenieur 3239 out of my mind. Just curious to hear your all thoughts on the latest Ingy.post #35993 of 4831210/1/14 at 4:52pmpost #35994 of 4831210/1/14 at 5:50pmpost #35995 of 4831210/1/14 at 6:08pmpost #35996 of 4831210/1/14 at 6:18pmpost #35997 of 4831210/1/14 at 10:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by jbarwick
Not a fan of either watch. 1. Too big. 2. RD - MOP dial and overly large text bug me. 3. FM - Some of his watches are neat, this one I don't care for.
I find my taste in watches are similar to my mother-in-laws taste in wine. "I won't know if I like it until I try it. I have a long list of wines I don't like".Quote:I wasn't asking for opinions on the pieces per se, but rather about the brands in general; Whether they were regarded with same contempt as Hublot.Originally Posted by Dino944
RDs collection has always been kind of hit or miss for me. I really love non round dress watches, (none of my dress watches are round), but I'm kind of lukewarm on this one's dial (it might be more appealing if they nixed the minute track and small seconds). Also the size is a bit too much, as square and rectangular watches tend to wear larger than round ones. My favorite RDs are the Monegasque line. If my list of "Must haves" were complete...I would give some serious thought to picking up some version of the Monegasque.
FMs, just do not appeal to me.
A note about the two watches: In the few years that I've had them, they (the FM particularly) have attracted more attention from women than have all my other watches, collectively, over thirty years. Like having a puppy or a kitten strapped to my wrist. Strange.post #35998 of 4831210/1/14 at 11:16pmpost #35999 of 4831210/1/14 at 11:51pm
Moo, is that the Orion "Weiss"? Looks great - congratulations! What size is it?
T&T, I would do bad things for a RD Monegasque, approved or otherwise. One or two of the exotic Excaliburs are pretty exciting too. FM hasn't pressed my buttons, but I can't say I've seen many.post #36000 of 4831210/1/14 at 11:51pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 31 seconds ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang Benchmade Captoe Balmoral 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...