Surprised you especially think that wraith.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 8:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 12:03 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2355post #35311 of 483129/10/14 at 4:02ampost #35312 of 483129/10/14 at 4:04amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Cleav
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Like that EMart
Thanks, guys. Can't wait to put this watch through its paces tonight on the race course. The other watch survived a deployment and many a race so this one has some catching up to do!post #35313 of 483129/10/14 at 4:28amQuote:
I get you - you can be Napoleon and I'll be Illya. In that context it sounds kind of cool, but I think rather than having such a wild variation on an iconic design, maybe go for something that's inherently more quirky in itself, and also rooted in the period? A few pages back we were talking about Glashuette Original. The Senator Sixties, or I think even better, the (square) Seventies, really has that vibe going on, and a bit of Cold War history to boot. Just a thought.post #35314 of 483129/10/14 at 4:58ampost #35315 of 483129/10/14 at 5:17ampost #35316 of 483129/10/14 at 5:20ampost #35317 of 483129/10/14 at 6:39ampost #35318 of 483129/10/14 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
I get you - you can be Napoleon and I'll be Illya. In that context it sounds kind of cool, but I think rather than having such a wild variation on an iconic design, maybe go for something that's inherently more quirky in itself, and also rooted in the period? A few pages back we were talking about Glashuette Original. The Senator Sixties, or I think even better, the (square) Seventies, really has that vibe going on, and a bit of Cold War history to boot. Just a thought.
Yeah that square one does the trick for that look.post #35319 of 483129/10/14 at 6:42am
Not to beat the Apple Watch to death but the 18kt gold version is solid gold with a proprietary gold that is 2x stronger. Not that it makes it scratch resistant but interesting they would make a solid gold, dare I say disposable, watch in that it will be out of date from a tech stand point in 3 years?
The Rolex on the previous page does not look good.
That 15300 above looks amazing.post #35320 of 483129/10/14 at 9:38ampost #35321 of 483129/10/14 at 9:42am
@ DavidReeves: if you are okay with Rolex in that size range, I would humbly suggest a vintage bubbleback.
Try to find an old Cali dial with some gorgeous patina, put it on cordovan or Italian leather strap, and you'll undoubtedly be the coolest guy on the street.post #35322 of 483129/10/14 at 11:54amDavid: I think perhaps you meant one of these OPs?
Speaking of Rolex and the Apple watch: I sat through the entire presentation, and either I've been totally brainwashed, or I've come to the conclusion that Apple has done for the smart watch what Rolex has done for the mechanical wristwatch – and they've done it in a considerably shorter period of time. Whether the smart watch itself as a concept is doable now given limitations in battery technology is another issue entirely. If somebody makes an accessory that can be fitted to the Apple watch to take 20 mm spring bars, I'm buying one of the smaller ones. It will be on a NATO, on the other end of my wrist for my Sub. And then I'll probably get tired of it.post #35323 of 483129/10/14 at 12:33pmQuote:
Same feelings here. Aside from the Explorer and vintage models, I much prefer Rolexes on the original bracelets.
Regarding the Apple watch, I have nothing to say because I have not read or watched an iota of info on the thing.post #35324 of 483129/10/14 at 2:19pmNeed some opinions, is the Reverso 1931 simply too big for me? Should I just give up trying to own this beautiful watch?
Do keep in mind that the overhang is exaggerated because the strap is too long (I can't tighten it to fit my wrist but it's easy enough to buy a shorter and softer strap so that it wraps around my wrist better) and that the strap is stiff and kind of protrudes out instead of in towards the circumference of my wrist.post #35325 of 483129/10/14 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
Need some opinions, is the Reverso 1931 simply too big for me? Should I just give up trying to own this beautiful watch?
Do keep in mind that the overhang is exaggerated because the strap is too long (I can't tighten it to fit my wrist but it's easy enough to buy a shorter and softer strap so that it wraps around my wrist better) and that the strap is stiff and kind of protrudes out instead of in towards the circumference of my wrist.
Personally, I'd say yes. Is that model bigger than the GT (see pic below, and i don't have very big wrists). To me the reverso needs to be a subtle watch. If it's too big it doesn't work. That's why I hated the Squadra.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 14 minutes ago
- › BNIB Allen Edmonds "Leeds" Black Shell Cordovan PTB Derby Shoes US... 16 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...