Frills, super excited about the prospect!! I like the enthusiasm. I would be in as well - would love to meet Dino and buy him a beer to thank him for all the great advice.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:22 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2342post #35116 of 483129/2/14 at 6:41pmpost #35117 of 483129/2/14 at 6:52pmpost #35118 of 483129/2/14 at 6:52pmpost #35119 of 483129/2/14 at 7:04pmpost #35120 of 483129/2/14 at 7:24pmpost #35121 of 483129/2/14 at 9:38pmQuote:
Much as blue dials and stick markers always appeal, I think I like the earlier 5100 more: either way, these movements are spectacular, aren't they?
It's about four years since I was last in NY. One of these days I'm going to have to come over for lunch. With so much TWAT-chat, it's starting to feel overdue.
Talking of PP, my beloved has taken an endearing interest in matters horological after being shown so many things over the last couple of years. She was showing me pictures of stuff last night that she's decided she likes. Frilly's 3970 featured prominently. Three different versions so far on her "I'd quite like..." list. Salmon dial anyone? I knew you people were ruining my life. There's me still agonising over Stowa and the light of my life is graduating to Patek grand complications. You jerks.post #35122 of 483129/3/14 at 12:18ampost #35123 of 483129/3/14 at 5:17ampost #35124 of 483129/3/14 at 6:07ampost #35125 of 483129/3/14 at 6:27ampost #35126 of 483129/3/14 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
Finishing off my 3 favorites and at this moment I am not sure there are anything else that can top any of these within the brand.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice collection! It's interesting that of the three watches chosen, none of them have the date.
Have you missed/wanted a date function on a watch?post #35127 of 483129/3/14 at 8:04ampost #35128 of 483129/3/14 at 8:05amQuote:
A trip to Leffot with you sounds dangerous $$$$$, but I look forward to it maybe on my next visit to NY. A Friday is the only day I can take off from work (although then I can make it a 3 day weekend)...anyway, I'll keep you posted after I have had a chance to look at my schedule. Plus Mrs. Dino is starting a new job, so I have to check with her schedule too...as its highly unlikely she will want to miss out on a trip to NYC, especially since her favorite SA is there at Van Cleef.Quote:
Thank you my friend. I hope you are still enjoying your Jumbo RO. I might be stopping by your neighborhood toward the end of the year...so maybe we can meet up then if not sooner. Cheers!post #35129 of 483129/3/14 at 8:09amI don't really need the date function, my other favorite in my collections a Portuguese Chrono but I'm usually aware of the day date. I was also never a big fan of the cyclops, I don't hate it and I'd rock a BLNR without a problem but I just love the watches symmetry, you can just see it in the lume shot.
I considered the SD4000 with the date and no cyclops but the case was just too thick for my liking.post #35130 of 483129/3/14 at 9:43am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › any idea who makes this jacket? 4 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 27 seconds ago
- › Entry level semi canvassed suit 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Trousers (Rota, Epaulet, SEH Kelly) 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...