or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2325  

post #34861 of 48312
Back in the day, didn't you used to be able to specify different choices of dial when you bought a Rolex? Is there any scope for that now?so if you liked it except for a small detail (for instance, double sticks) might you be able to have an AD swap it out?
post #34862 of 48312
Kind of like getting a Submariner bezel on your brand new SD 4000? biggrin.gif
post #34863 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post

Back in the day, didn't you used to be able to specify different choices of dial when you bought a Rolex? Is there any scope for that now?so if you liked it except for a small detail (for instance, double sticks) might you be able to have an AD swap it out?

Hi, my local AD here in Sweden does offer some customizability, in form of ordering "stock" model dials directly from Rolex Swiss. Like if, say you want some specific dial they offer for the Datejust to swap out your present one with. But i've never heard of custommade dials or something in that instance ordered from manufacture. That would perhaps be a project for an independent artisan/watchmaker. So i would say you're locked to the dials offered for the specific model, and if it is a watch they already have in the shop they would perhaps not be so inclined as to change a dial to make a sale. Best bet is to ask the AD i guess.

 

All the best!

post #34864 of 48312
Today





Very versatile.
post #34865 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

a9a7yvyt.jpg
Those are nice cuff links, frills. What are they?
post #34866 of 48312
Looks like Cartier Trinity links.
post #34867 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Looks like Cartier Trinity links.
Exactly!
post #34868 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post


Those are nice cuff links, frills. What are they?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Looks like Cartier Trinity links.

They must be fake, since there are clearly only 2 colors of gold on them.

@no frills

post #34869 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post


They must be fake, since there are clearly only 2 colors of gold on them.
@no frills
rotflmao.gif
post #34870 of 48312
Single cuffs, natch.
post #34871 of 48312
I have never been a huge Air King fran. Cant put my finger on why.
post #34872 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post


Those are nice cuff links, frills. What are they?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Looks like Cartier Trinity links.

They must be fake, since there are clearly only 2 colors of gold on them.

@no frills


Boom fake! Hahahah!

Yes they are Trinity cuff links from Cartier. Dino has a pair as well. It's horrendously difficult to capture all three shades of gold on 'em (white, yellow and pink) in pictures.
post #34873 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

I have never been a huge Air King fran. Cant put my finger on why.

Size. 34mm is too small for that style of watch, if you ask me. If you're smaller it might work.
post #34874 of 48312
Are HQ Milton and 10 past 10 the only "vintage" Rolex places in the bay area worth visiting?
post #34875 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

"mimo's" Rolex is everything my Air King is supposed to be.



Nothing wrong with your Air King, mate. Enjoy it! smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)