Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 12:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 4:19 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2320post #34787 of 483128/23/14 at 7:53ampost #34788 of 483128/23/14 at 7:53ampost #34789 of 483128/23/14 at 7:55ampost #34790 of 483128/23/14 at 7:56ampost #34791 of 483128/23/14 at 7:58ampost #34792 of 483128/23/14 at 8:33ampost #34793 of 483128/23/14 at 8:34am
http://www.styleforum.net/t/223261/poor-mans-watch-thread/3840_30post #34794 of 483128/23/14 at 8:39ampost #34795 of 483128/23/14 at 9:20amQuote:Unless I'm mistaken, your watch can be easily found for around $770:
I'm not making judgements, I'm just pointing out your watch isn't going to inspire a lot of conversation in this thread, especially when you lead off with "My watch...it's the best style of all." You might get some more interest in the other thread. Don't take "poor" literally, it's just this thread is generally for more upscale watches. Hell, someone posted the Graves complication a few pages back!post #34796 of 483128/23/14 at 9:39ampost #34797 of 483128/23/14 at 9:42ampost #34798 of 483128/23/14 at 9:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
Unless I'm mistaken, your watch can be easily found for around $770:
I'm not making judgements, I'm just pointing out your watch isn't going to inspire a lot of conversation in this thread, especially when you lead off with "My watch...it's the best style of all." You might get some more interest in the other thread.
Cool man...thanks for the tip...I disagree with you, but that's what makes these forums so great, right?
I don't buy online...only at a dealer in my community to keep my money local...so I paid full retail and happy/proud to have done so...post #34799 of 483128/23/14 at 9:49ampost #34800 of 483128/23/14 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Hayward
Yes, the issue is not price point, but the repetitive and vituperative style of posting.
Also of all the Tissots, that's actually pretty ugly.
I love your opinion about my watch. Multiple view points are awesome, but it doesn't change my thoughts on it at all...
Sorry if I was being vituperative...not my style or intention...that's a really great word by the way...nice job!
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Currently, there are 1291 Active Users (291 Members and 1000 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 7 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 9 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 18 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...