or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2315  

post #34711 of 48312
Agreed. No reason to sell the Speedy, really.

Tried on the 36mm DJ today and it was way too small for my taste (I have 7.5" wrists). Tried on the 41mm DJII and it was really nice. The Milgauss models are also nice. Not sure what the plan is at this time... lots of choices in this price range.
post #34712 of 48312

In search of a brown alligator strap for my Speedy. Anyone know of something identical to the Hirsch Leonardo Genius(curved ends, large scale, 20mm -> 18mm taper, contrast stitching)? Still sad it was discontinued long ago. 

post #34713 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoCrimson View Post

In search of a brown alligator strap for my Speedy. Anyone know of something identical to the Hirsch Leonardo Genius(curved ends, large scale, 20mm -> 18mm taper, contrast stitching)? Still sad it was discontinued long ago. 

You could explore the bespoke option. I had great luck with George Lan at Cheergiant when I went looking for replacement strap options for my Duo. I sent George a photo of the Casa Fagliano strap I liked, verified that he could make something similar, and was very happy with the end result. It's not an exact copy, but is still a very handsome strap that has proven very versatile over time:






I bet that he could find a similar thick alligator grain and craft something appropriate. He most likely already has in the past.

His strap galleries:
http://s351.photobucket.com/albums/q449/Cheergiant/2012%20Svw300%20series%20new%20custom%20straps%20Cheergiant/

http://s351.photobucket.com/user/Cheergiant/library/013%20Panerai%20custom%20straps%202010?sort=3&page=1

George's contact email is cheergiant@gmail.com.

Another option is Aaron at Combat Straps (aaronpim@gmail.com):

He looks to have a pretty wide-grain croc leather that could fit the bill, and I can also vouch for the quality of his work.

Good luck whatever the ultimate choice!
post #34714 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Thanks guys. I'm keeping the Speedy and will keep on shopping.

 

That's the spirit! 

 

Now, a pic of the Speedy!

post #34715 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post


You could explore the bespoke option. I had great luck with George Lan at Cheergiant when I went looking for replacement strap options for my Duo. I sent George a photo of the Casa Fagliano strap I liked, verified that he could make something similar, and was very happy with the end result. It's not an exact copy, but is still a very handsome strap that has proven very versatile over time: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






I bet that he could find a similar thick alligator grain and craft something appropriate. He most likely already has in the past.

His strap galleries:
http://s351.photobucket.com/albums/q449/Cheergiant/2012%20Svw300%20series%20new%20custom%20straps%20Cheergiant/

http://s351.photobucket.com/user/Cheergiant/library/013%20Panerai%20custom%20straps%202010?sort=3&page=1

George's contact email is cheergiant@gmail.com.

Another option is Aaron at Combat Straps (aaronpim@gmail.com):

He looks to have a pretty wide-grain croc leather that could fit the bill, and I can also vouch for the quality of his work.

Good luck whatever the ultimate choice!

 

Very handsome makeup. Thanks for the recommendation

post #34716 of 48312
Smoke on the water...

b235a317b7cd0407ac8af8029ebd863a.jpg
post #34717 of 48312
Moo, if the 36mm case feels small but you want something understated, try the 39mm Explorer (1).

Also, don't let these enablers tell you that you need lots of watches. You totally can have a "do everything" watch, and the Explorer would be a good one. You already have a chrono, so just add a diver, something casual like a pilot, maybe a chrono on a bracelet with a different colour dial, a formal dress watch of course - maybe two hand manual wind, then just one or two options for rotation with your daily suits and perhaps something with a non-round case, and you're pretty much done. Oh, and of course a GMT or world timer for travel. Just the simple everyday bare minimum.

But don't feel at all pressured or led astray by these wit-stolen lunatics - most people in this thread have no perspective at all: you really don't need more than these absolute basics.
post #34718 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Moo, if the 36mm case feels small but you want something understated, try the 39mm Explorer (1).

Also, don't let these enablers tell you that you need lots of watches. You totally can have a "do everything" watch, and the Explorer would be a good one. You already have a chrono, so just add a diver, something casual like a pilot, maybe a chrono on a bracelet with a different colour dial, a formal dress watch of course - maybe two hand manual wind, then just one or two options for rotation with your daily suits and perhaps something with a non-round case, and you're pretty much done. Oh, and of course a GMT or world timer for travel. Just the simple everyday bare minimum.

But don't feel at all pressured or led astray by these wit-stolen lunatics - most people in this thread have no perspective at all: you really don't need more than these absolute basics.

Don't get me wrong - I'm totally a many watch guy - but some would argue that a do everything watch is the be all and end all, good for wear 24/7 365. No need for a diver a pilot a formal watch etc etc.
post #34719 of 48312

/humour

post #34720 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

/humour



Sounds like a Casio G-Shock fits the 24/7/365 bill perfectly. Does everything short of percolating your cup of joe and tugging you in at night.
post #34721 of 48312
Tug or tuck?
post #34722 of 48312

This guy unfortunately doesn't get enough wrist time.

PAM176

 

post #34723 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

/humour


I knew that.........
post #34724 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

You could explore the bespoke option.
Two that I can recommend:

http://www.asprey.com/bespoke-services/

http://www.aprilinparis.us
post #34725 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnguy001 View Post

Tug or tuck?

Tu'ck'ing sounds too hard/harsh for something so tender. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)