Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:38 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2297post #34442 of 483128/10/14 at 12:57pmpost #34443 of 483128/10/14 at 2:43pmpost #34444 of 483128/10/14 at 5:03pmpost #34445 of 483128/10/14 at 5:58pmpost #34446 of 483128/10/14 at 5:58pmpost #34447 of 483128/10/14 at 5:59pmpost #34448 of 483128/10/14 at 6:24pmpost #34449 of 483128/10/14 at 6:58pmpost #34450 of 483128/10/14 at 7:15pmQuote:
My apologies. I may have been too hasty by suggesting you were trolling.
However, you show up here in this thread issuing sweeping statements about how people are pairing watches with clothes, or about watches in general, coming across not just to me but to a few other folks as bringing God's word with seeming finality. Your commentary about Subs + suits is about 2,000 pages old. I'm not sure if you are being humorous with some of your posts or insulting - are you trying to break the ice somewhat with your comment above about the Wonder Wheel or are you putting down my Nautilus?
You haven't posted a single item about any watch you like, own, appreciate or aspire to. And your posts are annoying.
We don't know you. Your last few posts come across to me like you're some sanctimonious a**hole. Perhaps you're not a troll. Are you just an a**hole with shitty opinions who likes talking about them as if they were Gospel? What is it? Where is the value you add in this thread? I have yet to see it.
In short, I don't like the tone you bring into this thread that a bunch of us enjoy. I want to get to know other watch enthusiasts. Help us get to know you. Talk to us about watches.post #34451 of 483128/10/14 at 7:19pmpost #34452 of 483128/11/14 at 1:12ampost #34453 of 483128/11/14 at 5:23amQuote:I'm not seeing a pic. Is it just me?
Edit. Just took forever to load. Sorry.
I am quite intrigued by those JLC. Very nice. I'm coming back around to Rolex as well. I sold mine off last year because I was bored and I was going through, I think, the 4th stage of Rolex ownership. Now I've progressed to another stage and I want another. Damn the haters and "perceived persona"...I want my Sub back!post #34454 of 483128/11/14 at 7:22ampost #34455 of 483128/11/14 at 7:52am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 7 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Exotic Leather Goods 8 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...