Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 8:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 10:41 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2285post #34262 of 483128/4/14 at 1:20pmpost #34263 of 483128/4/14 at 1:26pm
Noooo! Why isn't the bezel blue? And the green writing...no!
It was so pretty in that photo-edited spoof a couple of pages back that this seems a bit disappointing. I'd like to see that dial for real, though...
In the mean time, there is blueness in other places, like the BLNR, the blue dial DateJust of course, and the bezel I was hoping for:on something cheaper. (Click to show)post #34264 of 483128/4/14 at 1:28pmpost #34265 of 483128/4/14 at 1:33pmpost #34266 of 483128/4/14 at 1:36pmpost #34267 of 483128/4/14 at 1:40pmI haven't seen it in person. I suspect that the dial is blue/black in the same way that the SubC LV's dial is green/black given different lighting conditions. The green lettering appears to be similar to some facet of Cameron's ship.
My first reaction is "WTF" - like most of you - but I need to see this one in person. I keep checking myself given my experiences with other watches. How many collectors said "WTF RED LETTERING?" when red Subs appeared decades ago?
I would like to see this one in the metal.post #34268 of 483128/4/14 at 1:41pmpost #34269 of 483128/4/14 at 1:44pm
Then again, I thought the Playtona looked ridiculous until I saw real life pics and then in person. Maybe this is one of those "it's magic when you hold it" things. Frilly is right, need to see it up close.
But so far...definitely the poor man's Black Bay.post #34270 of 483128/4/14 at 1:47pmpost #34271 of 483128/4/14 at 1:54pmpost #34272 of 483128/4/14 at 2:40pmpost #34273 of 483128/4/14 at 3:16pmpost #34274 of 483128/4/14 at 3:24pmpost #34275 of 483128/4/14 at 4:44pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › JAN-JAN VAN ESSCHE 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The best value vendors I've found so far 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...