or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2264  

post #33946 of 48312
do not disagree.
post #33947 of 48312
There has been some awesome Patek content these past few weeks. Before the dial and font discussion I would never have seen past my starry-eyed infatuation with these exceptional timepieces to perceive any shortcomings, and now I find myself appraising every watch dial I see. This thread is an amazing resource of perspective and information.

I thought I'd share this - I decided to hunker down and get my Google Analytics IQ certification, and have been studying for the past few days. Yesterday I went a bit stir crazy and took a few watch shots to give myself a break.











I sorely need the break, but I'm glad to report that I passed the exam this morning. smile.gif

As always I hope is well, gentlemen.
post #33948 of 48312
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

There has been some awesome Patek content these past few weeks. Before the dial and font discussion I would never have seen past my starry-eyed infatuation with these exceptional timepieces to perceive any shortcomings, and now I find myself appraising every watch dial I see. This thread is an amazing resource of perspective and information.

I thought I'd share this - I decided to hunker down and get my Google Analytics IQ certification, and have been studying for the past few days. Yesterday I went a bit stir crazy and took a few watch shots to give myself a break.











I sorely need the break, but I'm glad to report that I passed the exam this morning. smile.gif

As always I hope is well, gentlemen.

Fantastic news CM, congrats! Great pics too, recipe for success there! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #33949 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

There has been some awesome Patek content these past few weeks. Before the dial and font discussion I would never have seen past my starry-eyed infatuation with these exceptional timepieces to perceive any shortcomings, and now I find myself appraising every watch dial I see. This thread is an amazing resource of perspective and information.

I thought I'd share this - I decided to hunker down and get my Google Analytics IQ certification, and have been studying for the past few days. Yesterday I went a bit stir crazy and took a few watch shots to give myself a break.

I sorely need the break, but I'm glad to report that I passed the exam this morning. smile.gif

As always I hope is well, gentlemen.

 

Fantastic share - and pics!  Congrats, CMT1!!!

post #33950 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post
I sorely need the break, but I'm glad to report that I passed the exam this morning. smile.gif

As always I hope is well, gentlemen.

Very nice photos!  Congrats on passing your exam!  :cheers:

post #33951 of 48312
Thanks guys, I'm glad the intensive push paid off. I couldn't be happier to have handled this before the weekend and I'm looking forward to relaxing, and concerning myself with just about anything other than Google Analytics. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #33952 of 48312
So last night I had much fun hanging out with Nicholas Manousos, who brought this fun item with him:

5uryqute.jpg

A 3D printed fully functional tourbillon, x1000 its typical size.

Video on YouTube here:

Not just a WIS, the dude actually went to watchmaking school. Also teaches/relays concepts very well. Fun times.
post #33953 of 48312
CMT, everything about that post is awesome.
post #33954 of 48312
Oh alright. Not in the mood for "toys"? Here's a tourbillon from Bovet that showed up last night. MSRP in the $200Ks.

ahe3yzep.jpg

Hat tip to my Insta friend @horologyandtechnology for the pic.
post #33955 of 48312
need better pic. where is that HD frilly quality?

also, im kind of a tourb fanboi, but that guy is not doing it for me. : (

i do like the pocket watch/wrist watch combo they make. that is them right?
post #33956 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

need better pic. where is that HD frilly quality?

also, im kind of a tourb fanboi, but that guy is not doing it for me. : (

i do like the pocket watch/wrist watch combo they make. that is them right?

 

Stitchy - yes, that's them (Bovet). Horrible picture quality I know.  I'll ask my friend for a better pic.

post #33957 of 48312
I've got to say, and maybe I will catch some flak for this, but Bovet did not impress me in the least. I thought they were egregiously overpriced, hefty, gaudy, hideous things. Not a fran.

With that said, today I finally had the chance to try out the new C-Dweller. I thought it was absolutely stunning. Definitely my favorite recent Rolex, by a wide margin. I loved it.
post #33958 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I've got to say, and maybe I will catch some flak for this, but Bovet did not impress me in the least. I thought they were egregiously overpriced, hefty, gaudy, hideous things. Not a fran.

With that said, today I finally had the chance to try out the new C-Dweller. I thought it was absolutely stunning. Definitely my favorite recent Rolex, by a wide margin. I loved it.

 

Not catching any flak from me. :fonz:

post #33959 of 48312
Thank goodness frilly smile.gif.

Glad to know that you will not be tarnishing your impeccable collection!

Also, for some absolutely awesome reading...

Discuss:

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/introducing-the-bremont-wright-flyer#disqus_thread
post #33960 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I've got to say, and maybe I will catch some flak for this, but Bovet did not impress me in the least. I thought they were egregiously overpriced, hefty, gaudy, hideous things. Not a fran.

i find that a lot of the uber high end watches from the smaller specialized boutique brands tend to be that way. for me, what often sets the brands we know and love apart from the rest is simple design aesthetics, and knowing when to restrain.

its said about public speaking and writing, that often what you dont say is just as important as what you do say. the same holds true for design, in my book.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)