Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 9:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 8:06 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2243post #33631 of 483127/15/14 at 1:04pmpost #33632 of 483127/15/14 at 1:08pmpost #33633 of 483127/15/14 at 1:10pmpost #33634 of 483127/15/14 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
The only person I ever knew that regularly had issues with a watch being magnetized was my wife. She wears an automatic Cartier Tank Francaise and her watch became magnetized 3 times in a roughly 2 month period of time. We figured out that the issue was her department was next to the MRI machines in the radiology Dept. She briefly started looking at anti-magnetic watches, but then her department moved to a newer part of the hospital and no more issues...so she spent the watch $$$ on jewelry, no surprise there!
Cool photo, funny slogan. What would the Explorer 2's slogan be..."The Caveman's Watch?"
DSSD is The Porn Star's Watch.post #33635 of 483127/15/14 at 1:13pmpost #33636 of 483127/15/14 at 1:14pmpost #33637 of 483127/15/14 at 1:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Winot
It did feel quite heavy on the wrist to me when I tried it. I have a Sinn which also has a Faraday cage and the Rolex felt heavier.
I love the look of the Milgauss GV apart from the shiny bracelet. I am tempted though to get one and switch to an orange rubber or green Nato strap.
+1 Milgauss fanboy here... I own the black-dial GV. Therefore I wish they'd discontinue the green bottle glass completely :)
I too could live without the brushed elements on the bracelet. Makes it more flashy than it should be... because otherwise it's quite s stealth-model, apart from ppl who actually know the Milgauss most others have no clue it's a Rolex. Which is a good thing in my book.
And yeah, it's heavy. For me on the edge of being unpractical. But then I love the refreshing look so much that it stays on the "keep" side. Permanently. So far. :Dpost #33638 of 483127/15/14 at 1:37pmpost #33639 of 483127/15/14 at 2:16pmpost #33640 of 483127/15/14 at 3:24pmpost #33641 of 483127/15/14 at 3:30pmpost #33642 of 483127/15/14 at 4:15pmpost #33643 of 483127/15/14 at 4:25pm
That Milgauss is funky cool. I dig it. A lot. And antimagtetic properties are arguably more valuable than extreme water resistance. Not even pro divers descend to the spectacular depths at which these watches are rated. But I've had a couple watches get magnetized over the years. True, it's an easy fix. But nice to not have to worry about it.post #33644 of 483127/15/14 at 4:40pm
Blue GV is going for around 8k, it seems. Im still a ways off from being able to drop that kind of money on a watch. Even when I am, I wonder if I will like it enough to do so
I do agree the crown looks almost out of place on such a clean watch.
I think crowns in general interrupt the lines of cases. I would appreciate more efforts to integrate them flush into the case.post #33645 of 483127/15/14 at 4:51pmIt seems like Rolex has been using design cues appropriated from the desires of watch bloggers and executing them in an ironic fashion. Making a Milgauss when it's no longer functionally necessary, the "mismatching" end links of the SD4000, or for that matter, the entire Tudor line. I guess you could say its like wearing a trench coat even when you're not actually in a trench.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hardy Amies MTM - good? 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Unlined Chukka Boot - Snuff Suede - 10.5 - ALMOST NEW 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...