HUGE fan of the Milgauss. Very nice!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 10:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2239post #33572 of 483127/14/14 at 11:59ampost #33573 of 483127/14/14 at 12:01pmpost #33574 of 483127/14/14 at 12:16pmpost #33575 of 483127/14/14 at 12:17pmQuote:
I found the 36mm Explorer a touch too small for me personally, but that's always subjective, and comes down to not only wrist size, but also shape.
Admittedly, I don't wear this one enough, but feel it was the right choice between the two. (*And yes, the watch hands are "too short", said every 39mm-hater, ever.) I'm not even going to argue that. Point conceded.Quote:Originally Posted by jbarwick
A different perspective on my BLNR. After 7 months of love, the polished center links are all scratched up. Does it make me love it less? No. What's to point of a fine time piece if it doesn't fit into your life? Any of the RO owners care to share what the bracelet looks like on the underside of their wrist? I've wondered what those look like as the finish on AP's is top notch and brushed just so.
Daytona gives me the same issue re: polished center links, but as others have mentioned, a little wabi-sabi just gives the watch a bit more charm and personality, right? IT'S NOT EVEN REALLY YOURS UNTIL YOU SCRATCH IT! (Ha!) Ultimately, I embraced the little swirls and scratches for the beautiful imperfection that they bring to an awesome chronograph.Quote:
That's what I'm talking about!
Start somewhere, take the plunge, and add a few of your own love marks.Quote:Originally Posted by NonServiam
Regarding transportation, my ride home from work took me through the Royal Palace park. On a crappy city bike. Crappy, but the workout is all the better for it. For a nominal yearly fee, I need not worry about parking my bike, and can choose to take public transport either way. As a bonus, I get to dodge hapless tourists and ring the bell at pretty hipster girl riding in summer dresses. Oh, and have a nice view of my chosen timepiece. Today it was the Oysterquartz
NS, living the dream...
I'm not sure what to do about the Milguass.
The "vert" sapphire is still a bit overrated IMO, but at the same time the white dial version seems to be horribly UNDERrated.
Feels like that watch is the one Rolex "sports model" that the ADs always have in the case. Always.
"Have you guys got the new SeaDweller yet?"
"Um, no. Sorry sir. Can we interest you in a Milgauss?"post #33576 of 483127/14/14 at 12:18pmpost #33577 of 483127/14/14 at 12:20pmpost #33578 of 483127/14/14 at 12:21pmpost #33579 of 483127/14/14 at 12:47pm
Right then, a challenge for you proper nerds: simply, is this a fake?
I was shown this the other day, and something smelt off right from the beginning. Firstly, whichever angle I looked at it, the dial didn't seem to be sitting vertically. Still doesn't here. Secondly, the finish on the bracelet and case just wasn't as "sharp" as I feel on any other RO. I could put it down to its being used, but it didn't seem right. And now I've compared this pic to several others on sale, there are a couple of other things: the nuts in the bezel don't look right - not flat or precise enough. Also, although I've seen versions with and without the numbered minute markers, those with also seem to have a black border around the date window, and those without, not. This is half and half. And most of all, it has a solid caseback when I thought that was just the chronos, and it felt a touch light.
Sorry it's just one poor pic, but I have faith in you. Educate me, AP masters. Is this a naughty fake? If so, I might be about to cause some trouble...post #33580 of 483127/14/14 at 1:09pm^^ That does not look genuine to me. It looks like it's trying to be a 15300. The bezel screws are off. Not flat enough. The AP is not large enough, the seconds hand is not right. I don't ever recall seeing a seconds hand model with the numbered minute indecies. I thought that was only on the Jumbo. (I could be wrong there). And if it is mocking a 15300, the dial should be silver...not white.post #33581 of 483127/14/14 at 1:13pmQuote:Well, I'm no AP master, but it looks like it could be a 14790 model. What reference number is on the back?Originally Posted by mimo
Right then, a challenge for you proper nerds: simply, is this a fake? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Sorry it's just one poor pic, but I have faith in you. Educate me, AP masters. Is this a naughty fake? If so, I might be about to cause some trouble...
I was shown this the other day, and something smelt off right from the beginning. Firstly, whichever angle I looked at it, the dial didn't seem to be sitting vertically. Still doesn't here. Secondly, the finish on the bracelet and case just wasn't as "sharp" as I feel on any other RO. I could put it down to its being used, but it didn't seem right. And now I've compared this pic to several others on sale, there are a couple of other things: the nuts in the bezel don't look right - not flat or precise enough. Also, although I've seen versions with and without the numbered minute markers, those with also seem to have a black border around the date window, and those without, not. This is half and half. And most of all, it has a solid caseback when I thought that was just the chronos, and it felt a touch light.post #33582 of 483127/14/14 at 1:15pmpost #33583 of 483127/14/14 at 1:28pmQuote:
Here's a link to one that was for sale many years ago. I can't say this one is genuine either but it sure does look a lot like the one mimo posted.
http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=msg&th=13123&rid=0post #33584 of 483127/14/14 at 1:39pm
Perhaps this is a silly question: was there a 39mm version? I was looking around and can only see 33 and 36...(the one in TC's link is the latter)
*Edit: also, although I can't remember the reference etc on the caseback, the clasp was different - same sliding mechanism but with that AP logo thing going on when you open it.post #33585 of 483127/14/14 at 2:01pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 seconds ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 12 minutes ago
- › FS: Dunhill Bespoke, Peak Lapel Grey Donegal Blazer 40 R New NWT 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...