or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2220  

post #33286 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i really have a hard time comparing the daytona and the speedy at all. they are both watches and they are both chronographs, but the similarities pretty much end there imho. two totally different watches that appeal to two totally different sets of buyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

I agree with everything you said with exception to your last statement. LOL










same boat.

they are both chronographs of similar proportions (39-42mm) with the same dial arrangements (speedy's do have different ones of course) and in the cases pictured here (other than colour) are quite similar.

some of the new Speedy 9300's are even getting into the $9k+ range which is scary.

anyway, my point was just that i was looking at a Daytona but couldn't justify the price over a speedy even though i do understand and agree with the differences expressed here. i'm not prepared to pay that kind of premium simply to attract a very select niche of men who appreciate the nuances of why the daytona is as awesome as it is over the speedy.
post #33287 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bings View Post

anyway, my point was just that i was looking at a Daytona but couldn't justify the price over a speedy even though i do understand and agree with the differences expressed here. i'm not prepared to pay that kind of premium simply to attract a very select niche of men who appreciate the nuances of why the daytona is as awesome as it is over the speedy.

I don't think most watch buyers are buying any watches to attract men, but hey whatever floats your boat .  ;)

post #33288 of 48312
Lol triple d. Some buyers are more complex than others. They both look wonderous on you.

fistbump.gif
post #33289 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

I don't think most watch buyers are buying any watches to attract men, but hey whatever floats your boat .  wink.gif

Wat. Why do you think I buy watches?
post #33290 of 48312


Nice evening for a cigar. Not my favorite watch in the stable. Maybe not even one of my top five. And yet, if I had to only keep one, it might be the one I'd keep.
post #33291 of 48312
keep the watch, toss the cigar
post #33292 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

I don't think most watch buyers are buying any watches to attract men, but hey whatever floats your boat .  wink.gif

it's not the reason it's the consequence.

it's just like cars... you spend all kinds of money on something rad and for every 1 woman that gives a shit there are 25 guys taking pictures and asking you how much HP it as.
post #33293 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Lol triple d. Some buyers are more complex than others. They both look wonderous on you.

fistbump.gif

Thank you sir.

post #33294 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bings View Post

it's not the reason it's the consequence.

it's just like cars... you spend all kinds of money on something rad and for every 1 woman that gives a shit there are 25 guys taking pictures and asking you how much HP it as.

If you buy watches or cars with concern that it will attract or matter to anyone other than yourself, you are making a mistake.
post #33295 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post


If you buy watches or cars with concern that it will attract or matter to anyone other than yourself, you are making a mistake.

Or anything else for that matter.

post #33296 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

If you buy watches or cars with concern that it will attract or matter to anyone other than yourself, you are making a mistake.

once again; it's not the reason it's the consequence.
post #33297 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bings View Post

once again; it's not the reason it's the consequence.

If you are concerned about the consequences of your purchases (and whether more men or women are going to be interested in them), then perhaps you aren't quite ready for such purchases.
post #33298 of 48312
when i buy toilet paper, my sole concern is what other people will think about me based on my toilet paper selection.
post #33299 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

If you are concerned about the consequences of your purchases (and whether more men or women are going to be interested in them), then perhaps you aren't quite ready for such purchases.

do you know how to let something go at all? holy hell talk about watches for shit sake.
post #33300 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

What is all this talk of the Daytona somehow being unappealing?



Bewbs. It's all I see. lol8[1].gif

Thinking of adding these two to my little collection biggrin.gif



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)