Still got the stickers on. Maybe tomorrow I will make it happen
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 7:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 9/28/16 at 4:19am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2214post #33196 of 483126/28/14 at 7:02pmpost #33197 of 483126/28/14 at 7:52pmpost #33198 of 483126/29/14 at 4:03am
Do people like or prefer non-hacking movements? I learned recently that the Patek Aquanaut is non-hacking, and I'm surprised that a new(-ish), modern watch would come out with a non-hacking movement, especially at Patek's price point. I get it if it's a historical movement of importance, but if not, why then?post #33199 of 483126/29/14 at 4:11ampost #33200 of 483126/29/14 at 4:18am
^^ Agree. There are plenty of steel perpetual calendars at or under that price - from the really cheap Hamiltons etc., the re-tread maker Perrelet at just under that price (not bad looking either), and the odd Breitling. I saw a NOS IWC in that ballpark too.
But for a platinum perpetual calendar, although there's plenty used in that range - IWC, Blancpain for example - there's nothing I've seen that's readily available under $20+k new.
If this is a new Celadon project, I'd be a bit more wary though: there might not be a lot of platinum perpetual calendars in this price range. But there are a hell of a lot of people's "grails" right around the $15-20k mark, and whatever the metal, there is a big difference from the first Celadons: new and untried is fair enough at Tudor price, but when it's instead of a Royal Oak or a Lange 1815, I suspect the value proposition will add up rather differently. Even for the steel one - right up against, say, JLCs and Rolexes, I think it's a hard sell. Doesn't mean it can't work, but it does mean be careful how much exposure is needed on the stock.post #33201 of 483126/29/14 at 4:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Great watch! I love the Lum shot! Glad to hear you are enjoying yours, I love mine. A few of mine saying hello to yours. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks Dino! Your black index is outstanding as well. I get hypnotized by looking at the dialspost #33202 of 483126/29/14 at 6:06am^^^ Steel28 gotta love the white dial Daytona!
Rolex does a bang up job with the protective plastic stickers. You barely notice they're there. I'm waiting for them to fall off from my DSSD hahah.
114060 and 116520 saying hello!
DSSD domed crystal produces the most fascinating visual effects.post #33203 of 483126/29/14 at 10:04ampost #33204 of 483126/29/14 at 10:27ampost #33205 of 483126/29/14 at 1:02pmQuote:
This. Usually when I do this, I know my day is going to be great.
I wouldn't mind too. Also not spoiler because well who doesn't want to look at this piece again.
Today, Mexico lost in the World Cup and people look like if someone they know died. I'm not a soccer fan or follower so I went to buy nice steaks.post #33206 of 483126/29/14 at 2:13pmpost #33207 of 483126/29/14 at 6:34pmpost #33208 of 483126/29/14 at 7:04pmpost #33209 of 483126/30/14 at 3:51ampost #33210 of 483126/30/14 at 5:16am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 31 seconds ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 54 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The 27 Year Old Virgin 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › staple Ralph Lauren Purple Label solid dark grey suit size 42L made... 4 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...