Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2192post #32866 of 483126/18/14 at 5:01pmpost #32867 of 483126/18/14 at 6:43pmsiiiiiiiiiiigh
she beckons me.....
http://www.authenticwatches.com/audemars-piguet-royal-oak-15300st-oo-1220st-01.html#.U6I-7I1dVQspost #32868 of 483126/18/14 at 7:03pmpost #32869 of 483126/18/14 at 10:02pmpost #32870 of 483126/18/14 at 11:27pmpost #32871 of 483126/19/14 at 1:20ampost #32872 of 483126/19/14 at 1:39amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
she beckons me.....
I hear you! This is also my "reasonable" grail watch, in that exact makeup!post #32873 of 483126/19/14 at 1:57amQuote:Nice, congrats!Originally Posted by NonServiam
The silverdialled RO is quite something, stitch! I think it would suit you
I just ensured my watch account will be forever dry, by buying a house Moving out of the city, finally! To add insult to injury, I'm travelling to Geneva with a friend, and with no spending money
And, because AP: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not much point in shopping in Geneva anyway; the prices are higher than in most markets. It's great for looking, though! You're not exactly lacking for watches, in any case.
Besides: TRAVEL > stuffpost #32874 of 483126/19/14 at 4:40am
Stitchy, put them both on the wrist as soon as you can. Personally I found the 39mm size more elegant, but it's a tough call, and I suspect the chunk of the 41mm 15400 will tickle your fancy...because sometimes more is more. It's a tough call, but I really think you need to see them side by side to know what's for you. And I know you're missing your PAM...post #32875 of 483126/19/14 at 4:56amQuote:
Hehe, tounge-in-cheek of course. Travelling is always worth it, and I know that Geneva is expensive. Even coming from where we live. Would have been fun to buy there though, milk straight from the cow so to speak
Looking forward to eyeing a whole lot of goodies! All major brands are of course well represented, I'll probably see more of the insides of boutiques than the city. My AD booked us a private guided tour of the Patek Philippe museum, I expect that to be interesting. I was planning to visit Vacheron, but they are doing a bit of renovating there right now, unsure of how much is open. My VC AD is trying to get us an inside appointment there, not sure if he succeeds.
Any obvious or not so obvious tips for Geneva sightseeing, horological or otherwise?post #32876 of 483126/19/14 at 5:05amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Stitchy, put them both on the wrist as soon as you can. Personally I found the 39mm size more elegant, but it's a tough call, and I suspect the chunk of the 41mm 15400 will tickle your fancy...because sometimes more is more. It's a tough call, but I really think you need to see them side by side to know what's for you. And I know you're missing your PAM...
Funny, I may unload my PAM176 because of it's dinner plate feel.post #32877 of 483126/19/14 at 5:12ampost #32878 of 483126/19/14 at 5:53ampost #32879 of 483126/19/14 at 5:56ampost #32880 of 483126/19/14 at 6:07amQuote:
I'll be in Copenhagen on the 27th, 4th, and 5th. I'm not looking for a PAM of course, but wouldn't mind some tips for my travels.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › What color suit/shirt/tie would compliment a black dress? 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...