or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2153  

post #32281 of 48312
With all PP talk...anyone owns Aquanaut 5167A-001? Really want this timepiece.
post #32282 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

With all PP talk...anyone owns Aquanaut 5167A-001? Really want this timepiece.

Nope, not me. We do have an Aquanaut - but my wife uses it. It's one of the earliest models of the Aquanaut, the 5066/1A (on a bracelet). Originally made for men at 38mm it is now more appealing to women.

ne8a9e4y.jpg

The Aquanaut has its loyal adherents - fans say the 5167 on a rubber strap is the most comfortable watch they've ever owned. For me I have a 5711, so I've never felt the need for a 5167A. Which is not to say I don't tolerate redundancy in my watch collection! After all, I will basically have acquired two Subs and two Sea-Dwellers by the time this month is over.

Speaking of Subs and Aquanauts, when my wife saw my SubC ND on my wrist she promptly exchanged her Aquanaut for it. Hahahah.

ynu8a6yh.jpg
post #32283 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

With all PP talk...anyone owns Aquanaut 5167A-001? Really want this timepiece.

I've tried on both current and previous versions of the Aquanaut.  I greatly prefer the Nautilus to any Aquanaut.  

post #32284 of 48312
^^

thanks for the feedback Frilly! I have only one PP AD in Toronto and will go and try it in person.

*not my picture*

post #32285 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

I've tried on both current and previous versions of the Aquanaut.  I greatly prefer the Nautilus to any Aquanaut.  
+ 1 zillion.
post #32286 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

I've tried on both current and previous versions of the Aquanaut.  I greatly prefer the Nautilus to any Aquanaut.  

thanks Dino, 5711 is amazing watch as well.
post #32287 of 48312

So does anyone here have an affinity to the 7 Friday watches?

I just don't "get it".

I don't really understand the draw.

post #32288 of 48312
I wouldn't say "affinity", but I was drawn to them at first. It's something different. Once I saw some wrist shots I was turned off.
post #32289 of 48312
Newk, that is a beautiful (Minerva?) movement-- but jeez that dial layout! I just don't get it. All the blank space? I think I'd have to wear the watch backwards and just check my phone for the time biggrin.gif



The Aquanaut, I have very conflicted feelings about. I kind of "pull" for that watch, like I would for an underdog.

It's definitely not a Nautilus, and I really don't think it's trying to be, although there's no denying the case shape and bezel are quite similar.

But I think on a rubber strap, the way it echoes the dial' s texture....as a luxury sports watch... it has its own swag, if you'll pardon the expression. The photo that Steel28 posted above looks pretty sharp to me, for example.

Curious if the current retail prices are worlds apart between those two? What are we talking about here in terms of a differential there? (Not that I'm considering either right now).
post #32290 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith T View Post

Newk, that is a beautiful (Minerva?) movement-- but jeez that dial layout! I just don't get it. All the blank space? I think I'd have to wear the watch backwards and just check my phone for the time biggrin.gif



The Aquanaut, I have very conflicted feelings about. I kind of "pull" for that watch, like I would for an underdog.

It's definitely not a Nautilus, and I really don't think it's trying to be, although there's no denying the case shape and bezel are quite similar.

But I think on a rubber strap, the way it echoes the dial' s texture....as a luxury sports watch... it has its own swag, if you'll pardon the expression.

Curious if the current retail prices are worlds apart between those two? What are we talking about here in terms of a differential there? (Not that I'm considering either right now).

My feelings exactly!
post #32291 of 48312

^Very well put Keith, and I agree. Retail is $20,300 vs $26,700. The gap may be bigger if terms of what you can find them for but I'm not sure.

post #32292 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJr View Post

^Very well put Keith, and I agree. Retail is $20,300 vs $26,700. The gap may be bigger if terms of what you can find them for but I'm not sure.

My goal is to aim for 20% discount on Aquanaut but I might be dreaming.
post #32293 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

My goal is to aim for 20% discount on Aquanaut but I might be dreaming.
I was able to hook a buddy up with one for $18k about 6 or 8 months ago. I don't think I've seen them any cheaper, new.
post #32294 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I was able to hook a buddy up with one for $18k about 6 or 8 months ago. I don't think I've seen them any cheaper, new.

Nice! I have a great AD that I bought a few pieces over the years in another city and should be able to get at least 10-15% plus taxes.
post #32295 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

With all PP talk...anyone owns Aquanaut 5167A-001? Really want this timepiece.

I have it, and I like it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)