Hey, at least the service was free!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:23 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2119post #31771 of 483125/12/14 at 8:48ampost #31772 of 483125/12/14 at 8:49ampost #31773 of 483125/12/14 at 8:52amQuote:
Yes, I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying that they haven't happened recently, simply that its not merely something that has happened to Ferraris. As mentioned earlier Porsche's 991GT3 was the most recent high end sports car to suffer spontaneous combustion issues. Hopefully we are on the same page now.post #31774 of 483125/12/14 at 8:53am
Bracelets on men are a monstrosity in all their forms. But I'm not claiming that this view represents a consensus!
Tifo - I suspect a watch like mine could be had cheaper than most G-Shocks. Vintage Omega = value! Though that's mostly sentimental in my case.post #31775 of 483125/12/14 at 10:37amQuote:
Maruchan is super awesome. Especially the beef flavor.Quote:
Monstrosity on a bracelet staring you in the face right here!post #31776 of 483125/12/14 at 10:42ampost #31777 of 483125/12/14 at 11:00ampost #31778 of 483125/12/14 at 11:01ampost #31779 of 483125/12/14 at 11:25am
I mostly lurk on this page but I am loving the car and watch combo shots....perhaps a new thread should be made "Douchebag Car Pic w/ Watch" or something. Really spicing things up and thumbs to all the guys with Porsche's. Magnificient car.post #31780 of 483125/12/14 at 12:08pmI'm not really much of a jewelry guy, aside from watches, so probably not the best person to ask!
I see some guys doing it, especially in the Northern states, but I really would not be comfortable wearing a bracelet. I also do not really have much of a desire to wear something else on my wrists! It does not really mesh with my aesthetic.post #31781 of 483125/12/14 at 3:02pmSome personal preferences: Cartier Juste un Clou or Love Bracelet/Cuff. Margiela ID bracelet. Random vintage Navajo sterling cuffs (thin / no stones / minimal engraving). Werkstatt Munchen various sterling silver options. I'm not sure I'd really wear any of these on the same wrist as a watch though.post #31782 of 483125/12/14 at 4:40pmI was taught that the only proper piece of jewelry a man should wear is a watch (and wedding ring if applicable). That has become my de facto excuse for buying pricey watches with my wife - since she is willing to spend a bit on her jewelry, I should be able to do the same with "mine"post #31783 of 483125/12/14 at 5:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by HRoi
I was taught that the only proper piece of jewelry a man should wear is a watch (and wedding ring if applicable). That has become my de facto excuse for buying pricey watches with my wife - since she is willing to spend a bit on her jewelry, I should be able to do the same with "mine"
+1post #31784 of 483125/12/14 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Some personal preferences: Cartier Juste un Clou or Love Bracelet/Cuff. Margiela ID bracelet. Random vintage Navajo sterling cuffs (thin / no stones / minimal engraving). Werkstatt Munchen various sterling silver options. I'm not sure I'd really wear any of these on the same wrist as a watch though.
The only bracelet I really like is the Cartier Love bracelet. Most others just don't do anything for me. Also, I'm not a fan of guys wearing multiple bracelets. IMHO if you're going to wear one, keep it simple.post #31785 of 483125/12/14 at 5:38pmQuote:
Just wondering why the car/watch photos are considered DB pix, while pix of watches with clothing, shoes, accessories, drinks, fine food etc are considered non-DB pix?
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Jeeves x Vass MTO and GMTO Central Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 9 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 12 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...