or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2095  

post #31411 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

listed this odd couple on eBay yesterday. smile.gif


  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster View Post

That Zenith is pretty cool.

 

Agreed.

That Zenith is really slick.

post #31412 of 48312
I remember those Zeniths from back in the day. PM me the link please, Stitchy.
post #31413 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

Anyone has a Rolex deepsea here? I want to get a diver and am drawn to Deepsea. Little concerned about weight though, I tried it and all but not sure if I will like it in the long run. As has been discussed, subs are too pedestrian so I don't want one smile.gif

Personally, I'm just a bartender/carpenter/lumberjack satisfied with my no-date sub, but a friend of mine has the DSSD and I agree with Dino's thoughts on it.

Now, what kind of Explorer 2 do you have? A 40mm or 42mm? If a 40 (and maybe even if a 42 - though that might make it too redundant), may I suggest a 42 one, in the colour that your current Exp 2 isn't? For me, that would be a cool way to add a casual watch on the larger side to your rather nice trio of Speedy + Exp 1&2.

Definitely the one I would prefer over any of the ceramic bezel ones on offer (with the possible exeption of the new SD).
post #31414 of 48312
The domed crystal on the DSSD is fantastic. It's not too big a watch, but it's top-heavy and the bracelet is too small for it.
post #31415 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster View Post

That Zenith is pretty cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Agreed.
That Zenith is really slick.

isnt it tho. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I remember those Zeniths from back in the day. PM me the link please, Stitchy.

PM on its way!
post #31416 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

Evil rodent death cult.

 

But before we dwell any more on the ethical acceptability or otherwise of personal curios, here is a watch:

 

 

 

(picture from "watchuseek" via the Googlesphere)

 

I am rather in love with the case shape of the "Monegasque".  I saw a gold chrono of this in person recently, and a perpetual calendar rose gold version on someone else, I think I mentioned a couple of weeks back.  This is not a cheap watch by any means, but I found the finishing really remarkable i.e. up to "big three" standard.  It is certainly not going to be on every plumber's wrist like a Sub (tee hee...whatever, I SO want a Sub), and depending on which way you look at it, the lack of broad brand recognition makes for rapid depreciation - or so the comments next to this picture say.  The PC I saw was on the wrist of a grey dealer, and it's certainly a maker whose stuff he clears at big discounts a lot.

 

So two questions for the Borg-like TWAT Collective Intelligence: first, has anyone heard any comments either way on reliability, service, integrity, or otherwise the usability of RD watches?  And secondly, as there's not much volume out there, where to look for a tidy used bargain?

I had the Monegasqque for a while and think I posted a picture here already. Beautiful watch indeed, however, I found it slightly too big for a dress watch.

 

I decided to trim my collection when it went out of control and as a first step got rid of a few steel dressy watches.

 

Listed in the market but sold it to a friend at a give away price after getting a few lowball offers. Second hand values are weak for RD. You should be able to get a LNIB model around 8k, which is half the MSRP.

 

Like all the watches I sell, I immediately had seller's remorse so currently bidding for the rose gold version. Go figure!

post #31417 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Evil rodent death cult.

But before we dwell any more on the ethical acceptability or otherwise of personal curios, here is a watch:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


(picture from "watchuseek" via the Googlesphere)

I am rather in love with the case shape of the "Monegasque".  I saw a gold chrono of this in person recently, and a perpetual calendar rose gold version on someone else, I think I mentioned a couple of weeks back.  This is not a cheap watch by any means, but I found the finishing really remarkable i.e. up to "big three" standard.  It is certainly not going to be on every plumber's wrist like a Sub (tee hee...whatever, I SO want a Sub), and depending on which way you look at it, the lack of broad brand recognition makes for rapid depreciation - or so the comments next to this picture say.  The PC I saw was on the wrist of a grey dealer, and it's certainly a maker whose stuff he clears at big discounts a lot.

So two questions for the Borg-like TWAT Collective Intelligence: first, has anyone heard any comments either way on reliability, service, integrity, or otherwise the usability of RD watches?  And secondly, as there's not much volume out there, where to look for a tidy used bargain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpyigit View Post

I had the Monegasqque for a while and think I posted a picture here already. Beautiful watch indeed, however, I found it slightly too big for a dress watch.

I decided to trim my collection when it went out of control and as a first step got rid of a few steel dressy watches.

Listed in the market but sold it to a friend at a give away price after getting a few lowball offers. Second hand values are weak for RD. You should be able to get a LNIB model around 8k, which is half the MSRP.

Like all the watches I sell, I immediately had seller's remorse so currently bidding for the rose gold version. Go figure!

That's a stunner, for sure. But for $8K get a Sub. All day.
post #31418 of 48312
JLC MUT Moon today, such a modern classic from JLC icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

10326602_667050229999496_1455908272_n.jpg
post #31419 of 48312
want
post #31420 of 48312
Dial looks white on that one, NS.

Great photo.

Quote:
That is a very beautiful couple. If I ever burgle your house with someone else from TWAT, these are the two I want.

Dibs on the Nautilus!
post #31421 of 48312
NS, that MUT Moon is gorgeous!

My two -- just got the Speedy this weekend, it's fantastic on the strap. Anyone have recs for a 21mm curved end honey brown croc strap to fit it?



post #31422 of 48312
^ That JLC above is just gorgeous! inlove.gif
post #31423 of 48312
If anyone is interested, the A Lange boutique in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong has a Grand Lange 1 LUMEN available.
post #31424 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Personally, I'm just a bartender/carpenter/lumberjack satisfied with my no-date sub, but a friend of mine has the DSSD and I agree with Dino's thoughts on it.

Now, what kind of Explorer 2 do you have? A 40mm or 42mm? If a 40 (and maybe even if a 42 - though that might make it too redundant), may I suggest a 42 one, in the colour that your current Exp 2 isn't? For me, that would be a cool way to add a casual watch on the larger side to your rather nice trio of Speedy + Exp 1&2.

Definitely the one I would prefer over any of the ceramic bezel ones on offer (with the possible exeption of the new SD).

I have the 40mm polar Exp II, I actually tried 42mm polar but it didn't look proportioned to my eyes,for some reason, it looks cartoonish to me. I am quite happy with the one I have, it is very under the radar and doesn't scream Rolex.
One other nice thing about DSSD is that it has a domed crystal and I am a big fan of those, like my Speedy with hesalite a lot. I could see myself going between blue/black GMT or DSSD, I would like to have both but would most likely go with one of them. I think that blue/black will be a serious contender.
post #31425 of 48312
DJH - Congrats - awesome 9300! I think RogerP might have some strap suggestions. I wear mine on the OEM black strap, but the bracelet's not bad either.

photo 36331942-B5F6-4E46-A2B9-5AB5DF261180-9869-000003960C99A23A.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)