or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2079  

post #31171 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 


Should I send the very common box and papers that go with the watch as well?

Oh of course!!!  I'm sure I could find some purpose for those ultra common items...maybe use the papers as coaster for drinks, or as something to put my shoes on to dry when I come in from the rain.  And the box, if I get rid of the inner stuff, maybe I can use it to store gum or shoe polish ;) 

post #31172 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Smart move. Maybe they'll eventually become so disliked because they are so popular that we may eventually be able to like them again because they'll become so rare. LOL
Good thinking. Maybe I should complete my order in case EG raises the prices when they become super rare and coveted.
post #31173 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Good thinking. Maybe I should complete my order in case EG raises the prices when they become super rare and coveted.


See now your thinking. But please remember to tell everyone in the meantime, how buying EG Galways are a HUGE MISTAKE!!! Way too popular, bad bad move.

post #31174 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post
 

Oh of course!!!  I'm sure I could find some purpose for those ultra common items...maybe use the papers as coaster for drinks, or as something to put my shoes on to dry when I come in from the rain.  And the box, if I get rid of the inner stuff, maybe I can use it to store gum or shoe polish ;) 


Now why didn't I think of that?? Doh!!!

 

You know I might just have a use for this stuff after all. LOL

post #31175 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by academe View Post

Yes; that's the one. I understand that not all watches really appeal, even if - objectively - you might appreciate them. For example, the FP Journes don't really do it for me, nor do PP (time-only) Calatravas or Laurent Ferrier watches, though I understand how well crafted they are. The Jules Audemars self-winding watches really have to been seen in person to be appreciated. Even then, they just might not resonate.

That one actually looks quite lovely, although I would have to see it in person. Next year's New York tire-kicking will be much more purposeful. And that is very funny! Journe, time-only PP, and Laurent Ferrier all do it for me. In fact, I think that LF may be my favorite--personally, I think they are spectacular (if a little large--I would have to see it on the wrist). Before I make any rash decisions, I will be sure to shop around. There is no point in rushing such a large purchase!
post #31176 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post


You know, I have to say, I do not really care for it. Aesthetically, AP dress watches do very little for me. I have no clue why, although I certainly wish it was not the case. Additionally, it kind of gives me the same feeling as my Master Control, which is no longer with me.

 

I'm the same way with AP dress watches, they really do nothing for me. PP time only are hit or miss for me. VC runs away with it in this category as far as the big 3 go.

post #31177 of 48312

Lange!

post #31178 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

You know, I have to say, I do not really care for it. Aesthetically, AP dress watches do very little for me.

thats a shame. some of the AP thin dress watches in gold are my fave dress watches out there.
post #31179 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

thats a shame. some of the AP thin dress watches in gold are my fave dress watches out there.
I agree. That first AP that was posted was a 2 hander and it was gorgeous!
post #31180 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Smart move. Maybe they'll eventually become so disliked because they are so popular that we may eventually be able to like them again because they'll become so rare. LOL
Good thinking. Maybe I should complete my order in case EG raises the prices when they become super rare and coveted.

Of course the ones to buy are the 0123678 model produced in 1992 with a 1¼ inch heel and purple thread. They only made 56 of them and I could sell you a pair for £9,500. Rarity is everything.
post #31181 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverwood View Post

Of course the ones to buy are the 0123678 model produced in 1992 with a 1¼ inch heel and purple thread. They only made 56 of them and I could sell you a pair for £9,500. Rarity is everything.
I'll take them! Unless the original laces have been changed. Then they are junk.
post #31182 of 48312
I have the original laces (the dark blue ones) but they are not in mint condition.butbut.gif
post #31183 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverwood View Post

I have the original laces (the dark blue ones) but they are not in mint condition.butbut.gif
Hmmmm. Are they the original aglets? It may be worth it, then.
post #31184 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

thats a shame. some of the AP thin dress watches in gold are my fave dress watches out there.

Well, with all this AP dress watch love, maybe I will have to more thoroughly investigate!
post #31185 of 48312
Also, I do really, really like this one:



Does anyone happen to know the diameter? It is quite lovely... (I have been following your post on TPP Academe. Stupid TPP rules...).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)