Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 1:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2054post #30796 of 483124/9/14 at 4:52pmpost #30797 of 483124/9/14 at 5:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by academe
I fully understand the quandary. I've been holding out for a top-tier 2 or 3 hander (as has been discussed) and carefully squirrelling away my pennies...But have almost been lured several times of the straight and narrow by other temptations; for example, I very much like the JLC moon phase watches, either the JLC MUT Moon or the new derivation of the Master Calendar. The GP wwtc/Traveller wwtc has also proved tempting:
I travel internationally frequently, and have colleagues all over the world, hence my leanings to dual time watches and multi-time zone watches. These are almost within reach, but purchasing one of these slightly less expensive watches would make a fairly large dent in the war chest. It took me quite a while to decide what type of watch I wanted next, and it's proving hard to stay the course now that I've decided... This thread doesn't help!
If you truly want a 2 or 3 hander from a top tier brand, then hold out for it. It will be well worth it! But yes, temptation is all around and can make it tough to get to our goal without distractions.
The GP Traveler is very nice, but I have to go with RNguy, even though its a common design feature the short hands bother me a bit, be it on a GP or the Patek. As you currently have the dual time, I realize its not a world time watch, but still it will do the job...I would avoid the GP and other distractions and focus on a 2 or 3 hand top tier brand as that seems to be something your don't currently have.
For me, I just don't know what direction I want to move in for my next piece. I have a few top tier dress watches, I have an AP RO luxury sport watch, and I have sportier watches such as Daytonas, Ex 2, and Sub. So for me its not really a matter of filling in a gap in my collection. I hope to do some window shopping very soon which could inspire me.post #30798 of 483124/9/14 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
It stopped working for me a long time ago ( at this site). It usually still shows up, so I usually just delete most photos or parts of of quotes I'm not specifically referencing. I also sporadically do and don't get notices when there is a new addition to the thread. If I've had trouble with the spoiler, its possible others may have experienced problems with it also.
i usually get mad about non spoilered pics in quotes, but i love you too hard, and your posts are too good, for me to get mad. you are probably the only person that quotes pics unspoilered and it does not irk me at all.post #30799 of 483124/9/14 at 8:12pmQuote:tQuote:
Yes, it has an enamel dialpost #30800 of 483124/9/14 at 8:32pmpost #30801 of 483124/10/14 at 12:29amQuote:
Far more annoying on a phone or throttled internet connection.post #30802 of 483124/10/14 at 1:07ampost #30803 of 483124/10/14 at 3:18ampost #30804 of 483124/10/14 at 4:22amMy issue isn't with seeing the same pics 12 times, though I don't particularly care for that, my issue is viewing on mobile while it's struggling to load the page because no one uses spoilers. And it's hardly just one poster, as that wouldn't cause as much of an issue. I suppose the solution for me is to just not visit the thread when on mobile away from a decent wifi connection.post #30805 of 483124/10/14 at 5:58amQuote:With all this talk of GPs lately, I thought I'd post up what I'm wearing today:Originally Posted by academe
Fantastic GP; loving the moon phase complication! In my recent search for a 2 or 3 hander I've come across the GP 1966 several times, and find myself gazing longingly at the blued hands and arabic numerals of this Minute Repeater:
GP MR (Click to show)
Strictly speaking I suppose it is more than simply a 2/3 hander. Sadly it is also far beyond my price range!
My phone camera is all I have on me at the moment its mangled lens makes the tan dial look like a sallow mess, so I inverted the colours to salvage the photo.
The 38 mm cushion case sits perfectly on my 200 mm (7 3/4") wrist and it's among the top three in the rotation. I don't get tired of the design and I still haven't spotted any WTF elements to it. I definitely know what you mean about the blued hands and applied rose gold Arabics; it seems to be a GP strength.post #30806 of 483124/10/14 at 6:38amQuote:
I usually try just to use 1 pic unspoilered and delete multiples when quoting someone, in an effort to streamline things a bit. Anyway, you are far to kind. Thanks Bro!post #30807 of 483124/10/14 at 6:44ampost #30808 of 483124/10/14 at 6:56amQuote:Originally Posted by DLJr
My issue isn't with seeing the same pics 12 times, though I don't particularly care for that, my issue is viewing on mobile while it's struggling to load the page because no one uses spoilers. And it's hardly just one poster, as that wouldn't cause as much of an issue. I suppose the solution for me is to just not visit the thread when on mobile away from a decent wifi connection.
NOOOOO! VISIT ALWAYS!!!!!post #30809 of 483124/10/14 at 8:53am
Well, you're always just a PM away. Are there any fun boutiques or AD's down your way, Stitch? I've visited Frills twice now, I'm planning a trip to New Orleans and will likely be seeing Nuke when I'm down there, so I'm probably due to a trip to your neck of the woods.post #30810 of 483124/10/14 at 8:57amQuote:
Looks great! Agreed maybe a touch small, but it probably wears very well with a suited/dress shirt look.
Pics like this one always make me think really hard about going the vintage route vs. purchasing a modern dress watch.
As long as it's a decent size with a clean, well-regulated movement, there's so much to love.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 seconds ago
- › Drake's 52 42 M Wool Blazer Sportcoat in Gun Club Pattern 25 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 42 seconds ago
- › Epaulet/Southwick SC, Harris Tweed, 40R 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › New Tie - What to wear with it? 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...