or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2043  

post #30631 of 48312
Splendid MZh, splendid nod[1].gif
post #30632 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by robw View Post


Congratulations. Very nice watch.

FWIW, you can but a very nice aftermarket 20/16 strap and keep your deployant. You can buy a camille fournet or have one made by ABP Paris. All top quality. While not cheap, you still save some $. There are even less expensive options out there as well.

Enjoy


Good to know, I'll check into them both.

post #30633 of 48312
Nice one!

MZ: Let us know your experiences with Camile Fournet or ABP Paris. I've heard of both, but not used their services.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robw View Post

Congratulations. Very nice watch.

FWIW, you can but a very nice aftermarket 20/16 strap and keep your deployant. You can buy a camille fournet or have one made by ABP Paris. All top quality. While not cheap, you still save some $. There are even less expensive options out there as well.

Enjoy
post #30634 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by academe View Post

Nice one!

MZ: Let us know your experiences with Camile Fournet or ABP Paris. I've heard of both, but not used their services.


I just reached out to CF to see if they can accommodate a Cartier deployment. I saw the minimum thickness listed was 2mm, the deployment requires 1mm, and it also needs to have no holes.

If they can't I'll go with ABP but they seem nearly twice the cost right off the bat.

post #30635 of 48312
Watches are not a cheap hobby. And much though I like deployants, they do tend to tie you into a manufacturers supply chain, with fewer options...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post


I just reached out to CF to see if they can accommodate a Cartier deployment. I saw the minimum thickness listed was 2mm, the deployment requires 1mm, and it also needs to have no holes.
If they can't I'll go with ABP but they seem nearly twice the cost right off the bat.
post #30636 of 48312
looks great, MZ. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #30637 of 48312
best story of all time? yes!!!

WOMAN HIDES STOLEN ROLEX IN HER........... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAITTTTT FOR IT..............



TWAT!!!


http://gawker.com/missing-35-000-watch-found-in-thieving-masseuses-vagi-1555515379
post #30638 of 48312

Yeah I saw that earlier today. Kind of crazy.

post #30639 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post
 

 

 

 

 

:hide:

 

But seriously...that is indeed most cool, congratulations!  Seconded on the custom strap, and as you know what you want, shop around a little: there seem to be a lot of independent leather workers out there who will do a custom job, on Etsy and no doubt on every watch forum.  There's even a guy on this forum whose user name I forget but I saw the name in his display pic in a thread about shoes or something, and checked it out.  Seems reasonable and worth an email?

 

P.S. Is that jacket from Canali?  Your wrist shot is spookily similar to some of mine: 

 

 

(Alas, the watch is not mine...)

post #30640 of 48312
got my panerai watch today, absolutely loving it. what a beauty.

thanku everyone in this thread, as i was inspired to buy a panerai by going thru this thread.


AppleMark
AppleMark
post #30641 of 48312
^^^ AWESOME!!! ^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJr View Post

Yeah I saw that earlier today. Kind of crazy.

lol just kind of?
post #30642 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

^^^ AWESOME!!! ^^^
lol just kind of?


And slightly resourceful.

post #30643 of 48312
Thank god for femme fresh!
post #30644 of 48312

What's the depth rating on the President?

 

Anyway....congratulations, Malik, looks great!

post #30645 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmalik View Post

got my panerai watch today, absolutely loving it. what a beauty.

thanku everyone in this thread, as i was inspired to buy a panerai by going thru this thread.

AppleMark

Congrats on your Panerai !!!  Looks great, enjoy it!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)