Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 5:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:57 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2028post #30407 of 483123/26/14 at 1:58pmpost #30408 of 483123/26/14 at 2:08pmpost #30409 of 483123/26/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
Very nice Xmas present, enjoy it. Its nice to see another VC fan around here. I have 2 of their dress watches and really like them.
Looks stunning as always!!! Looks even better with all its pushers attachedpost #30410 of 483123/26/14 at 3:54pmpost #30411 of 483123/26/14 at 5:47pmpost #30412 of 483123/26/14 at 10:35pmQuote:
That new Pepsi is just wonderful. If only I had a house to sell. But $30k? I mean, there are just so many places to go with that kind of dough, right? Still, it is wonderful. Judging from the pics, they've really nailed that ceramic thing. I'm afraid (sorry to say this!) it makes the BLNR look suddenly rather dull. And the Sea-Dweller is sweet...looking forward to a line up with DSSD and Sub for proper comparison. Milgauss isn't my favourite, but I could definitely learn to love that one.
You're beautiful today, by the way. And I have a great image of you in my mind singing your Julie Andrews tribute. That makes me happy.
Yes. The only TWAT-approved Royal Oak Offshore is the Diver. Pretty much all of the Royal Oaks are rightly beloved, but the other Offshores are all so garish and loud. There's something a bit unnecessary and contrived about them. Even, dare I say, cheap. It would be a shame to spend serious cheese on a beautifully-engineered Audemars Piguet, and then have your plumber say "hey, cool...is that a real Hublot?". Derek S has a Diver if I remember rightly, a quick search will find wrist pics and comments. It has a serious, practical and minimalist feel that's pretty cool.
However, if it just has to be one of those two you mentioned, I'd say the Safari. The "panda" is laughably derivative and unsightly in my view, whereas the Safari, for all it's rap video ostentatiousness, at least has its own character in my opinion. Someone else was having a guilty lust for it a while back, although he might have been Australian if I remember correctly, so bear that in mind. If he wasn't, he must be in spirit. But as I said at the time, I do get it. It's definitely fun, I just think there are so many nicer things for the money.Quote:
If you scroll back a few pages you'll hear Dino saying bad things about this watch. And me totally lusting after it. I tried one on just last week and I've been lying awake at night thinking about it ever since. Santa loves you a lot more than he loves me, alas. I'm envious, it's a peach. :)
I just never get tired of looking at that beauty. Last time it was the hour markers that I stared at - and this time, actually. But today I've mostly been admiring the gentle taper of the lugs and the almost liquid softness of the case shape. It's the watch that keeps on giving. Respect to your queen, King TWAT. (Or maybe...dananananananana TWAT-Man!)post #30413 of 483123/27/14 at 4:16amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Sorry to interrupt the Rolex mania, but I have a song to share...
Brunello Borrelli and Jaeger LeCoultre
Fine cashmere and cotton with gator and steel
Luxury fabrics and high end mechanics
These are a few of my favorite things
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That is just gorgeous! How wide is that, Stitchy?post #30414 of 483123/27/14 at 4:44am@mimo I completely agree with the new bezel and how it quiets the black and blue. Though that, to me, was the point of the black and blue, a bit more sedate and versatile combo. But, I think if I'm honest with myself, I prefer the pepsi. If it does ever make an appearance in SS without the polished center links, well, I'd have a tough time not running to an AD.post #30415 of 483123/27/14 at 4:54amHey guys!
Haven't posted here in ages with all the busyness with the various watch fairs in the last couple months and launching my CELADON brand and my upcoming Swiss hyper car watch , I see you've all been digesting the upcoming launches at Basel. There's going to be lots of cool new watches this year from all the major brands.
Went to the Cleverley bespoke trunk show last week, and this is what I wore...
)post #30416 of 483123/27/14 at 6:03amQuote:Originally Posted by DLJr
@mimo I completely agree with the new bezel and how it quiets the black and blue. Though that, to me, was the point of the black and blue, a bit more sedate and versatile combo. But, I think if I'm honest with myself, I prefer the pepsi. If it does ever make an appearance in SS without the polished center links, well, I'd have a tough time not running to an AD.
Yes exactly. In isolation the BLNR is a delight, and as it's also less than a third of the price, the comparison is a little harsh. But this thread is a cruel place in such matters. :)post #30417 of 483123/27/14 at 6:07ampost #30418 of 483123/27/14 at 6:08ampost #30419 of 483123/27/14 at 6:23ampost #30420 of 483123/27/14 at 6:44amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by mimo
I just never get tired of looking at that beauty. Last time it was the hour markers that I stared at - and this time, actually. But today I've mostly been admiring the gentle taper of the lugs and the almost liquid softness of the case shape. It's the watch that keeps on giving. Respect to your queen, King TWAT. (Or maybe...dananananananana TWAT-Man!)
Thanks, gents. I like posting these BIG pics on TWAT via TapaTalk too because it helps me zero in on things like "oh, well that pic that looked so good on my small phone screen doesn't look so good blown up." And stuff like "holy crap there's water stains on the darn crystal, better wipe that off." Hah hah hah.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Dog food 1 second ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 37 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › eBay Equivalents in East Asian Countries 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts