Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:22 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2023post #30331 of 483123/25/14 at 1:43pmpost #30332 of 483123/25/14 at 1:45pmpost #30333 of 483123/25/14 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by CMT1
My friend who owns that piece loves the thing. He's a watch broker on the side, is into the Sub for far less than retail and will flip it if/when it becomes tiring, but he still seems to love it as much as day one. In fact in the past year I've only ever seen the WG Sub and this on his wrist:
Which, of course, is another story altogether.
I'll stop posting pics of other peoples' watches now, as I'm sure it's getting tiring, and most of them belong to this same dude anyway.
The color in your photos of the WG Sub, look better than what I saw in person. That being said, I greatly prefer the old dark blue that was used on the pre-supercase YG Subs. If your friend is a broker and bought it cheap and will flip it anyway, not a big deal. I cautioned my friend about buying it retail and even with a discount as it was an all gold piece...he took a bath on that one. Great photo of that PP 5712/A ! I'd take one of those over a WG Sub in a heartbeat!post #30334 of 483123/25/14 at 2:16pmpost #30335 of 483123/25/14 at 2:22pm
I was about to say, arguably one of the best "first month posters" I have seen
Though to be honest, TWAT has a lot of great newbies come out of the woodworks. Even in the past month, the "new guard" all has great things to say and contribute.post #30336 of 483123/25/14 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by CMT1
Thanks guys. It's going to need a service soon so I am preparing myself to go without for a while.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It was my grail watch for a very long time. Sadly my new grails are so very far out of reach that I pretend that they do not exist.
I have to say, while I'm not normally a fan of yellow or rose gold...but that is stunning!post #30337 of 483123/25/14 at 2:56pmpost #30338 of 483123/25/14 at 2:58pmThanks Wraith! And thanks for the warm welcome, all. It's great to be so well received. I am really enjoying this forum and have learned a lot in the short time that I have been here.Quote:
Agreed! Rolex returned the original "starburst" blue to the 116613 (TT Sub):
(not my pic, but it's great to finally see that blue on a maxi case ceramic Sub)
However there is supposedly no plan to put the new non-pastel blue on the WG model. I haven't heard whether or not the YG version will see the deeper blue, but it should. IMHO the flat blue really only works on WG, and even then it's not for everybody.
I have loved the classic blue dial Sub since the 80s. I have an older M-serial 16613 and love it, but growing up in the 70s/80s left me with a greater tolerance than most for two-tone watches.
It presented itself at the right time, and was an amazing deal. I really couldn't help myself after lusting after that blue for so very long.
I hope you guys have a great night!post #30339 of 483123/25/14 at 3:00pmpost #30340 of 483123/25/14 at 3:05pmpost #30341 of 483123/25/14 at 3:31pmpost #30342 of 483123/25/14 at 3:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
Purchased a present for my wife. It is a SS JLC reverso duetto.
@in stitches Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up buying from Govberg.
Love it - one of my favs.
Did Govberg give you a deal?post #30343 of 483123/25/14 at 4:37pm
Thanks Guys. My wife loves it. She tried both Duetto (approx. 33 mm x 20 mm) and Duetto classique (approx. 38mm x 23mm). She is quite petite with a small wrist...the classique actually didn't look too big on her wrist as we thought. Eventually she opted the smaller one.
Govberg guys are very nice. And yes, they gave us a deal (PM if you need more detailed info). And Govberg was recommended by Stitches!post #30344 of 483123/25/14 at 4:46pmpost #30345 of 483123/25/14 at 4:51pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Item picture Ralph Lauren Purple Label Gray Cashmere Sport Coat 46R 40 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Item picture John Lobb UK 11E "William" Black Monks 2 minutes ago
- › What trousers w/ grey suede loafers? 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › GORGEOUS Turnbull & Asser Hacking Jacket in CASHMERE & WOOL!... 7 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 9 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Clothes for the Short Guy - Stores, Brands/Lines, Websites 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...