The problem with the kind of pics you post, CMT1, is that they present the watch so well. So tempting. You're such an enabler. Just the kind of guy that fits in here at TWAT. Hah hah.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 3:20 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2022post #30316 of 483123/25/14 at 10:42ampost #30317 of 483123/25/14 at 10:52ampost #30318 of 483123/25/14 at 10:57amthe 5960p with gray dial has long been my favorite patek. Thus i am excited to see a 5960 in steel that can help make the price a little more palatable. That said the bracelet looks awful (though will have to await better pictures) so i would throw a leather strap on it and let the bracelet collect dust. I am not sure i like the little changes to the di:Dal though, the hands are fine but id rather have the dial stay one color throughout rather than switch to that outer black seconds ring. Overall i think it gives it a more aggressive look than its predecessor and im excited to see some live shots of it and get a better look.
Lastly, imho the aquanaut needs its tropical strap and the naut needs its bracelet.post #30319 of 483123/25/14 at 11:14amQuote:Originally Posted by CMT1
Thanks for the good press on the Reverso, guys!
Thanks. Your DJ is a particular favorite of mine as well. I've always been a huge fan of Rolex's blue dials.
A friend showed up with a 116119 this past new years, and while the new blue hue did little for me on the two-tone Submariner before they changed, I loved it against WG: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So hard to give it back.
thanks, man. that Sub looks amazing.post #30320 of 483123/25/14 at 11:30amQuote:
Whenever I look at that one I can't help but think of Smurfs (and actually the lighting in your photo makes the watch look more flattering than when I saw it in person). Its one variation of Sub that just doesn't do anything for me. Actually, a friend of mine bought one when they first came out and initially he really liked it. After about a a year and a half he grew tired of it and tried to sell it. It took him forever to finally sell it. He was constantly reducing the the price and he practically had to give the thing away to sell it. Still its always fun to play with another watch.post #30321 of 483123/25/14 at 12:25pmBeing that this is Styleforum, I just wanted to introduce this gem that I saw over at TPP:
For the style conscious among us
A preview:post #30322 of 483123/25/14 at 12:27pmQuote:I'd hate to see the watch head that goes with that strap....Originally Posted by Newcomer
Being that this is Styleforum, I just wanted to introduce this gem that I saw over at TPP:
For the style conscious among us
A preview:post #30323 of 483123/25/14 at 12:31pmpost #30324 of 483123/25/14 at 12:40pmpost #30325 of 483123/25/14 at 12:41pmpost #30326 of 483123/25/14 at 12:48pmpost #30327 of 483123/25/14 at 12:51pmpost #30328 of 483123/25/14 at 1:02pmpost #30329 of 483123/25/14 at 1:12pmpost #30330 of 483123/25/14 at 1:15pmQuote:
Thanks - Glad to partake in the corruption 'round here.Quote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Whenever I look at that one I can't help but think of Smurfs (and actually the lighting in your photo makes the watch look more flattering than when I saw it in person). Its one variation of Sub that just doesn't do anything for me. Actually, a friend of mine bought one when they first came out and initially he really liked it. After about a a year and a half he grew tired of it and tried to sell it. It took him forever to finally sell it. He was constantly reducing the the price and he practically had to give the thing away to sell it. Still its always fun to play with another watch.
I fiddled with the color balance a bit until the metal looked as close as possible to what I was seeing person. Again, while that flat "smurf" blue did nothing for me on the two-tone, I still cannot believe how much I liked it on WG as I naturally assumed that I'd dislike it as well. Hell, the guys over at TRF even refer to the thing as "the smurf" sans negativity. Go figure...
My friend who owns that piece loves the thing. He's a watch broker on the side, is into the Sub for far less than retail and will flip it if/when it becomes tiring, but he still seems to love it as much as day one. In fact in the past year I've only ever seen the WG Sub and this on his wrist:
Which, of course, is another story altogether.
I'll stop posting pics of other peoples' watches now, as I'm sure it's getting tiring, and most of them belong to this same dude anyway.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › NWT Eidos L/S Lupo Navy (MD) 4 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › NWOT Kamakura New York Fit Grey Pique Knit Buttondown S 15.5/34 23 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...