Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 5:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 3:46 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2013post #30181 of 483123/22/14 at 3:40pmpost #30182 of 483123/22/14 at 5:10pmpost #30183 of 483123/22/14 at 6:49pmI don't like them either. I guess some of the Radiomir models are not as bad as the others, but not a fan of the brand at all. Each to his ownpost #30184 of 483123/22/14 at 7:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by jbarwick
The Seamaster was the watch I was looking at before TWAT swayed me a bit to Rolex. The more and more I see a SM the less I am impressed by it. Maybe the bright orange bits of the PO could intrigue me at some point but to be honest there are other pieces I would rather have.
The recent watch video on Hodinkee with the Man of the World guy really sparked my interest to look for something simple and vintage to fill the dress watch hole in my collection. I think throwing a limit of $1,000 out there and seeing where it goes could be interesting. I did just spent that last night on a blue box wedding day gift for my wife she has no idea about.
Congratulations Mrs jbarwick!
That Maleh video was cool. I like how beaten up his Aquanaut was.post #30185 of 483123/22/14 at 7:50pmpost #30186 of 483123/22/14 at 8:23pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
yeah, screw yooo guize!!!!post #30187 of 483123/23/14 at 12:14am
Last night I had an unexpected dinner invitation, and found myself sitting with a watch dealer from Switzerland. He buys direct from factories and sells wholesale in the parallel market: as he put it, his stock is "not what you want, and in large numbers!". It's an interesting business.
Anyway, if anyone wants to buy several discounted watches, or one if it's really expensive, I'm thinking of a new sideline! Of course, it would be impolitic to name any of the companies in question, and I've no idea what models he has right now. But if I think hard enough there must be a way to make money and/or watches out of this. :)post #30188 of 483123/23/14 at 12:16ampost #30189 of 483123/23/14 at 12:17amQuote:Originally Posted by CMT1
My 112 predates Panerai's push for in-house movements by quite a few years. It has a slightly modified/decorated UNITAS 6479 ebauche that looks sharp through a display back, and that has proven very reliable over the years, but it's hardly haute horlogerie. When I purchased the watch, Panerai's finest movements were either the El Primero used in a few chronographs or the JLC Caliber 875 used in the 190, which is hands-down my favorite PAM by far.
There were a few years where I wouldn't touch the 112. I felt like I OD'd on OP. I started seeing Luminors everywhere, especially in any given metropolitan area, and while the same could easily be said for Rolex I still retreated back to the coronet for a long time. I only recently started wearing the Panerai again, and I'm enjoying it.
With that said it's going to be a blue Saturday for me:
I hope the weekend is treating you gentlemen well.
great choicepost #30190 of 483123/23/14 at 1:19ampost #30191 of 483123/23/14 at 2:01ampost #30192 of 483123/23/14 at 2:07ampost #30193 of 483123/23/14 at 2:08ampost #30194 of 483123/23/14 at 2:18amQuote:
Optical illusion? I don't have very big wrists (6.75") and the ROs wear large. I think 39-40mm is near the upper limit of what I can wear. The only watch I have which is larger is a Omega Planet Ocean (42mm) which sits okay on my wrist...I'm considering replacing it with a slightly smaller diameter diver in the future.post #30195 of 483123/23/14 at 4:11am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...