Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 12:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:37 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1977post #29641 of 483123/11/14 at 2:37pmpost #29642 of 483123/11/14 at 2:40pmpost #29643 of 483123/11/14 at 2:43pmpost #29644 of 483123/11/14 at 2:45pmpost #29645 of 483123/11/14 at 2:45pmpost #29646 of 483123/11/14 at 2:52pmpost #29647 of 483123/11/14 at 2:57pm@TheWraith Too kind bro Suited and booted tomorrow so may have to get her out again. The duchess bought it for a significant birthday and she had the matching one if you recall. They hold some considerable sentimental value so definitely keepers!post #29648 of 483123/11/14 at 3:04pm@stafa this magical creature you speak of is an endangered species. Omega ceased production of the 3572 a few years back. It was probably the case that once you started introducing sapphire, the customer no longer saw the necessity of hesalite.
@derek I appreciate the pushback. At least someone stuck up for the O.G. Moon watch. Still, I think I'll go with the newfangled sapphire. I couldn't bare to deny myself a peek at that beautiful movement at any inkling.
Purchase made, and thus concludes my Amex rewards points savings. Nothing like a watch that matters, which you didn't even pay for.post #29649 of 483123/11/14 at 3:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cleav
@TheWraith Too kind bro Suited and booted tomorrow so may have to get her out again. The duchess bought it for a significant birthday and she had the matching one if you recall. They hold some considerable sentimental value so definitely keepers!
I have the same feeling toward my Omega Seamaster quartz watch. It's only a quartz, but it was a gift from my sister, who I almost lost to cancer a few years ago, so it holds a great deal of sentimental value. Other watches may come and go, but that one will never leave me.post #29650 of 483123/11/14 at 3:15pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Gorgeous piece. I and you don't get any trouble from the bit covering the crown?post #29651 of 483123/11/14 at 3:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheWraith
I have the same feeling toward my Omega Seamaster quartz watch. It's only a quartz, but it was a gift from my sister, who I almost lost to cancer a few years ago, so it holds a great deal of sentimental value. Other watches may come and go, but that one will never leave me.
I definitely get that my friend. I hope all is well with you and yourspost #29652 of 483123/11/14 at 3:34pmpost #29653 of 483123/11/14 at 3:35pmpost #29654 of 483123/11/14 at 3:35pm
That is a great looking JLT. Good to get some advice from someone in a similar position. Flying under the radar and not being flash is key here.
May I ask if you bought yours new or used? Tempted to go for a used one and get it sooner than wait, but equally enjoy the idea of a new one that is mine and will be retained for years to come.post #29655 of 483123/11/14 at 3:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by DLJr
One other thing I'd consider with the Speedy question, the inscription on the sandwich is now wrong. It was not "the only" watch worn on the moon. That bothers me personally but YMMV.
That is a bit of an imperfection, no doubt. But if you're buying new and you want the display caseback, it's the only option. Perhaps when a more accurate inscription comes out in a future 3573 release, if the company ever gives up its stubbornness regarding that claim, I'll buy the new caseback. For now, my die is cast.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 29 seconds ago
- › G. abo Napoli 52/42 Grey Flannel Suit with Red Windowpane 57 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 58 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway