or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1974  

post #29596 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

very cool and quite intricate pieces for sure....for me personally, id never buy one. way too eccentric for my tastes. id pick a RM over an urwerk, but i wouldn't pay for one. too many things id pick over em.

this.

they make a lot of mechanical marvels, but the aesthetics do not appeal to me in the least for the vast majority of their models.
post #29597 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

dude they are VERY dainty. im 6'3 and i feel like I'm wearing my wife's shoes.

Dammit you're making me want to give it another try. My wife saw me wearing the burgundy ones in the house and laughed her ass off so I sent them all back. Sorry for the OT, it seems like we have similar taste--do you have any suggestions for a more substantial/masculine casual slip on, like for denim/chinos with a hoodie?
post #29598 of 48312
Derek can get exotic with his Pannys, since he's owned one of each already icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif



Re: Urwerk and the like, I am personally not that attracted to those type of watches.

I'm glad they are out there, and I do think the industry needs brands like that-- the innovative people to push the envelope with designs and materials, etc...but for where I am as a watch appreciator right now, they're just not for me.

And that's not meant to be a 'dis' at all.

The Richard Mille stuff where he has Rafa wearing one of his pieces (a tourby?) during a grand slam tournament ... really impressive as a technical achievement.

But I'm just not playing at that level, tennis or otherwise LOL.
post #29599 of 48312
And here's what I'm wearing today, just for giggles...TAG Monaco re-issue (crappy phone pic™ as usual):


post #29600 of 48312
nynusyge.jpg

I've been lagging with the wrist shots but here's one in the suite on Friday (thanks corporate lifer friends!). Derek you inspired me to poast, nice pickups.

And TC we host your Rockets in a few weeks, should be fun, you guys are rolling.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #29601 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post

Dammit you're making me want to give it another try. My wife saw me wearing the burgundy ones in the house and laughed her ass off so I sent them all back. Sorry for the OT, it seems like we have similar taste--do you have any suggestions for a more substantial/masculine casual slip on, like for denim/chinos with a hoodie?

dude, they're velvet slippers. you're gonna get some laughs hahahahaha. personally i think you should kop a pair again.

if you wanna go full baller, pick up the lobb deck shoes too. as much as i love sperrys, they're quite ubiquitous.
post #29602 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaviter View Post

And TC we host your Rockets in a few weeks, should be fun, you guys are rolling.

Haha, yes it appears we are! You remind me that I need to make it to more games.
post #29603 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith T View Post

And here's what I'm wearing today, just for giggles...TAG Monaco re-issue (crappy phone pic™ as usual):


i HATE tags....but this is fucking stellar. absolutely love this watch
post #29604 of 48312

The Monaco is all kinds of sweet.  I don't hate TAGs at all, but I find their throwback stuff like this one a lot more appealing.

post #29605 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaviter View Post

I've been lagging with the wrist shots but here's one in the suite on Friday (thanks corporate lifer friends!). Derek you inspired me to poast, nice pickups.

And TC we host your Rockets in a few weeks, should be fun, you guys are rolling.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice watch; I apologize that my Grizzlies had to stomp your bob kittens the other evening icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #29606 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post


Nice watch; I apologize that my Grizzlies had to stomp your bob kittens the other evening icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Payback for when we got you guys at home a few weeks ago.  ;)

post #29607 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

saturday started with this

and finished with this


finally have a panerai back in the collection. 29M...rerelease of the old 29. now...onto more straps!

Congrats on having a Panerai back in the collection.  Enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmalik View Post

what are the forum's views on richard mille and urwerk.

just came across these brands now and they seem to have become very popular.

views?

Richar Mille, I don't care for at all.  I am not attracted to the design (overly stylized) and I don't find them particularly innovative,  I tend to think of them as watches for people with more $ than knowledge about watches...and for wannabee celebrities.  Its great that Raffa wears one if he likes it, but it has little meaning to me.  I think its more impressive when you see photos of celebrities from the past, wearing a nice watch (before the days of paid endorsements), because they chose to wear it.   I'm sure if they paid me and gave me a few for free I'd wear one too.

 

As for Urwerk, a friend of mine has one.  I can appreciate the unique way it tells time, but its far too large, I don't care for how it sits on the wrist, and its a little too "Retro futuristic" (like what I imagine someone in the 1950's would think an astronaut would wear as a watch in the year 2025).  Its just not for me, but its a cool version of a jumping hour.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith T View Post

And here's what I'm wearing today, just for giggles...TAG Monaco re-issue (crappy phone pic™ as usual):


I always think of the "King of Cool," Steve McQueen when I see a Monaco.  Also, I've become very fond of blue dials on watches.  Anyway, thanks for sharing a pic of today's watch choice. 

post #29608 of 48312
I actually like RM, and have tried a few on in the past. Super light weight, and pretty cool in person. Came close to picking up an RM10 (great deal) but passed, as I just could not justify the cost for what it was: time & date only watch for the price of a Datograph. At that time, I was following the RM board at the Pureists site and recall lots of moaning over reliability issues, fwiw.
post #29609 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

I actually like RM, and have tried a few on in the past. Super light weight, and pretty cool in person. Came close to picking up an RM10 (great deal) but passed, as I just could not justify the cost for what it was: time & date only watch for the price of a Datograph. At that time, I was following the RM board at the Pureists site and recall lots of moaning over reliability issues, fwiw.

agree on this...they are neat looking watches and technically advanced. but the cost puts them out of my mind. id much rather have that datograph smile.gif
post #29610 of 48312

I used to think Steve McQueen, but now I think Heisenberg.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)